I started using the Gmail App rather than BB email. My question, is can you set it up so when you receive an email, there is an envelope that pops up in the top right as it does when you receive an email when using BB email. My gmail app gets the "flower" notification on the app but all other forms of notifications appear in the top right corner. id like to have gmail app do that if possible. thanks
    10-25-08 10:15 AM
    No, the gmail app is seperate from the BIS or general network VZW runs on, it will not recognize the app has a message. You should get a red notification light alert though.
    10-25-08 10:31 AM
    i do get the red notification light and i can adjust to just that. I just got the phone 4 days ago and am trying to decide which is a better way to go: BIS or gmail app
    10-25-08 10:36 AM
    You can set all the same notifications for the gmail app as you can for the regular mail client (minus the icon on the home screen). The gmail app icon does change if you have new mail so you if you move into your home screen app lineup you would see it right away.
    10-25-08 08:09 PM
    You can set all the same notifications for the gmail app as you can for the regular mail client (minus the icon on the home screen). The gmail app icon does change if you have new mail so you if you move into your home screen app lineup you would see it right away.
    You could do this, I personally prefer the BIS, I have the gmail app however, for finding old emails no longer stored in my BIS icon..
    10-25-08 08:11 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD