When I delete emails and Facebook notifications on my phone, they remain in my Inbox when I get on the computer to check my email. In the Facebook settings, I already have check the box to NOT leave email messages on the server. Email reconciliation is set to delete on handheld and mailbox, wireless reconcile is on, and on conflicts handheld wins. Either I have an error in my IMAP setting on the gmail account, or something else is wrong. Anyone know how to fix this?
    01-13-10 08:16 PM
    helloo???? anyone???
    01-15-10 08:22 PM
    Something is not right. Facebook works like this: Email notification goes to your mailbox. Message pushed to your phone -- Facebook App detects it, and displays notification in facebook app. Email that was in your mailbox gets deleted and can oftentimes be found in trash folder.

Why its not being moved from inbox to trash makes me think it has something is wrong with your email setup. Sounds like you have POP3 instead of IMAP. See if you can set up IMAP. What email are you using?
    01-15-10 10:14 PM
    Something is not right. Facebook works like this: Email notification goes to your mailbox. Message pushed to your phone -- Facebook App detects it, and displays notification in facebook app. Email that was in your mailbox gets deleted and can oftentimes be found in trash folder.

Why its not being moved from inbox to trash makes me think it has something is wrong with your email setup. Sounds like you have POP3 instead of IMAP. See if you can set up IMAP. What email are you using?
    I forgot to mention that it is Gmail that I am using. Or at least TRYING to use.

Here is what the gmail settings are at currently...maybe I have something wrong in these settings? But I don't think I do.
    01-15-10 10:29 PM
    Go to this site and try deleting your email account and re-adding it.

https://bis.na.blackberry.com/html?brand=sprint
    01-16-10 12:39 AM
    Go to this site and try deleting your email account and re-adding it.

https://bis.na.blackberry.com/html?brand=sprint
    I have already tried that a few times.
    01-16-10 03:17 PM
    Come one...please....anyone...

Can someone at least help me by telling me the proper settings on my Gmail inbox and on my Curve? Maybe I somehow have an improper setting somewhere???
    01-20-10 08:55 PM
    Have you tried going to email, options. Reconciliation, menu, then purge deleted items? Try that and see if it works. If that doesn't work then I don't know what to tell you.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-21-10 02:30 AM
    If you select multiple emails you will not be to delete on handheld AND mailbox. just the way it works. It does update the READ status though. At least on my BB thats the way it works.

PS. Not unless I have an incorrect setting. Does yours work if you select 1 message at a time?
    01-21-10 05:22 AM
    On your Blackberry, go into Setup, then start the Setup Wizard, select Email Setup, hit next until you get to your Email accounts. Open your Gmail account, under Synchronization Options, make sure that Deleted Items is checked.
    01-21-10 05:51 AM
    Have you tried going to email, options. Reconciliation, menu, then purge deleted items? Try that and see if it works. If that doesn't work then I don't know what to tell you.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    I tried that this morning, and it didn't fix the issue. Thanks though.

If you select multiple emails you will not be to delete on handheld AND mailbox. just the way it works. It does update the READ status though. At least on my BB thats the way it works.

PS. Not unless I have an incorrect setting. Does yours work if you select 1 message at a time?
    If I delete multiple emails at once, or if I delete them one by one, it still doesn't delete them on my Gmail account. In the past, I could select multiple emails and delete them on the phone and they would still be deleted on my Gmail account.

On your Blackberry, go into Setup, then start the Setup Wizard, select Email Setup, hit next until you get to your Email accounts. Open your Gmail account, under Synchronization Options, make sure that Deleted Items is checked.
    That box has been checked the entire time. So that's not it.
    01-21-10 09:18 PM
    How about setting the Auto Expunge to enabled instead of disabled. Thats different than mine, I don't have those options in my Gmail account settings.
    01-22-10 08:43 AM
    How about setting the Auto Expunge to enabled instead of disabled. Thats different than mine, I don't have those options in my Gmail account settings.
    I think I've had it set that way before and I was receiving messages after I deleted them on my phone. For example, if I got 3 emails in a day and 3 Facebook notifications, I would delete them all. Then, the next email or FB notification I get will show up on my phone and all 6 of the previous things I had deleted that day will show up as well.

I switched it to enable Auto Expunge again....maybe it'll make a difference this time. I'll update when I know.
    01-22-10 07:16 PM
    I just determined the other day that if I get a new email, and I "Mark Opened" the email, it does the same on my Gmail account. Still not able to delete it though.

It would be really nice if someone had an solution to this problem.
    02-09-10 02:51 PM
    Seeing the same problem on my VZW 8130. A device wipe and reload seemed to fix it for a day but it didn't last.
    02-12-10 08:48 AM
    One solution I have found is this: I set my email notifications from Facebook to go to my blackberry.com email address. I also put a filter on my gmail account to stop receiving sent messages from myself. I got this off "Blackberry Tips, How To, and FAQ" under: GMail - receiving a copy of 'sent items' you sent, on your BlackBerry! With this method, you don't get all of these extra emails from Gmail. I am not sure if that is helpful or not.
    02-12-10 11:24 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD