I'm not sure if it's GMAIL or just something quirky with my specific gmail account. Everytime I send a message, I get an e-mail back (the delivery reciept). I have the option set to NO in Options, yet it still sends them.

My other ATT accounts do not do this. Could this be because those are POP and Gmail is IMAP? Has anyone else had this problem?

I just tried to resend service books, but that did not work.
    Any suggestions?

Thanks
    12-18-08 01:59 PM
    read this thread... I think it could help you

http://forums.crackberry.com/f3/gmai...+sent+messages
    12-18-08 02:02 PM
    Is the email an exact duplicate of the one you sent out or is it just saying bla bla bla your message has been delivered?
    12-18-08 02:02 PM
    At first it looks like the exact same one, but when you scroll up it is has the headers:

Recieved using: my e-mail addy
    Message Status: Opened

To: recipient's addy
    12-18-08 02:52 PM
    read this thread... I think it could help you

http://forums.crackberry.com/f3/gmai...+sent+messages
    Thanks, I did think about a filter, but I assumed that the delivery reciepts are to me so they would come through anyway.

I'll give it a shot
    12-18-08 02:56 PM
    Kstout, that link so needs to be a "Sticky". You will be amazed that almost everyone who creates a Gmail account has the same problem...
    12-18-08 03:02 PM
    Thanks for posting that link. I've been having the same problem on my phone and just got used to deleting the message that got sent back. Now I don't have to get them anymore.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-18-08 03:30 PM
    Yeah, thanks! it worked and for some reason, doing that aslo got my registration to Blogger.com on my phone to work. Before, it wouldn't register with Gmail.
    12-18-08 06:36 PM
    I wish Gmail would just disable that feature, it would solve alot of problems for alot of people...
    12-18-08 06:52 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD