As per the article on speeding up your BB I deleted all of the stock themes but ZEN and now I want them back. Is this possible. I don't own a computer so using the desktop manager is not an option.
    Thanks for the help.
    Also could someone email me with the answer. I don't have ant way to get instant email notification on replies and the moderators won't help me out on making it a default choice to gt instant notifications.
    Thanks again.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-22-10 09:23 AM
    I don't know of any way to do it without a desktop. Sorry

05-22-10 11:29 AM
    There isn't a download anywhere? That seems ludicrous.

05-22-10 11:43 AM
    Borrow some time on a friend's/relative's computer and you can get your themes back.
    05-22-10 12:26 PM
    Why did you start a new thread about this instead of staying in your existing thread where you already posted the same question?
    05-22-10 02:19 PM
    All my relatives are on ohio, I don't have any friends let alone ones who have a computer.

05-27-10 05:02 PM
    Did deleting the stock themes cause none of the one I've tried to downloaded to not work

05-27-10 05:41 PM
    Did deleting the stock themes cause none of the one I've tried to downloaded to not work
    Yes. Of course it did.
    05-27-10 09:06 PM

Custom themes rely on the stock themes to work properly on Blackberrys.
    The instructions for deleting themes to free up memory should warn people
    about this, because you're not the first person who has had this problem.
    05-27-10 09:17 PM
    Yes. Of course it did.
    Wow how stupid of me to not know that.

05-28-10 12:48 AM
    Wow how stupid of me to not know that.
    No, it was not that.

How were you to know it if the instructions did not include a warning that you would not be able to use custom themes?

05-28-10 07:18 PM
    No, it was not that.

How were you to know it if the instructions did not include a warning that you would not be able to use custom themes?

Iwas being scarcqstic but my point exactly. Now there must be a download link somewhere that will enable me to get all of the stock themes back. Truly, I do not own a computer, all of my family live in a different state (they would help me even if they were here) and of the few friends I have, none of them have computers. The only computers I have to use are the ones at the library and the are admin locked down tighter than fort knox.

05-31-10 02:09 AM
    Try running an OTA upgrade, and if it's avaiable you'll get those themes back. Also, download Bolt and you'll be able to access the email notification options through it. Bolt Browser

WAPers do it With A Passion
    I'm many people's brother, have several BB daughters and sons,
    but I sure as heck ain't your momma!
    I'm a Survivor Baby!But the dang game fizzled out

05-31-10 02:19 AM
    Ok, I whipped up a quick jad and alx file for the three default themes that maxmem deletes.
    In my experience, you only actually need the precision zen and precision today themes to make third party themes work.
    I haven't tested this to see if it'll work, but I can't think of any reason why it wouldn't.

Do you know how to install files via jad from your BlackBerry memory card?
    05-31-10 12:05 PM
    Ok, I whipped up a quick jad and alx file for the three default themes that maxmem deletes.
    In my experience, you only actually need the precision zen and precision today themes to make third party themes work.
    I haven't tested this to see if it'll work, but I can't think of any reason why it wouldn't.

Do you know how to install files via jad from your BlackBerry memory card?
    That was a really nice thing for you to do, but the OP doesn't have access to
    a computer, so she needs a link that she can click from her Blackberry.
    05-31-10 01:29 PM
    That was a really nice thing for you to do, but the OP doesn't have access to
    a computer, so she needs a link that she can click from her Blackberry.
    There's a link at the bottom of the page here that says return to default view; if the op clicks that, she will be able to download it.
    If the op needs an unzipper for files on her BlackBerry, she can use filescout or bbnotepad (both free).

05-31-10 01:37 PM
    Thanks for the zip file. I was able to extract the files with filescout. Where do I go from there? I tried clicking on the jad file and it starts downloading but runs into an error.
    "907 Invalid COD Unable to import ZIP file"
    Where do I go from here?
    06-14-10 11:08 AM
    Ok try this.
    Go to the cod files, and change the .cod to .zip. Unzip the renamed cod files, and try running the jad again. If that doesn't work, you might have to hit up a library or something and use bbsak to install the cods.

06-14-10 11:12 AM
    Ok try this.
    Go to the cod files, and change the .cod to .zip. Unzip the renamed cod files, and try running the jad again. If that doesn't work, you might have to hit up a library or something and use bbsak to install the cods.

Thanks for the help, unfortunately changing the cod to zip on the files didn't work.
    Just to get it straight, what is the proper procedure for using the file you sent me? Maybe I am doing something wrong.

06-14-10 11:41 AM
    Ok, try this one.
    I unpacked the cods, it should work.
    You most likely will only need to install bbdiminsion today to get stock themes to make 3rd party themes work.
    06-14-10 12:33 PM
    Ok, try this one.
    I unpacked the cods, it should work.
    You most likely will only need to install bbdiminsion today to get stock themes to make 3rd party themes work.
    Tried the new one and I was able to successfully install all three jad files. Should I have installed them in a certain order because it still didn't work.
    Someone mentioned an OTA update, what's that about?
    06-14-10 01:32 PM
    Tried the new one and I was able to successfully install all three jad files. Should I have installed them in a certain order because it still didn't work.
    Someone mentioned an OTA update, what's that about?
    Did you do a battery pull?
    OTA update can only be done if there's an os upgrade. For us 8330 owners, i doubt there is.
    Wait, you're on Boost? Are you running os 5.0?
    Last edited by SCrid2000; 06-14-10 at 01:38 PM.
    06-14-10 01:35 PM
    Just out of curiosity, should the new zip have come with the alx file?
    06-14-10 01:37 PM
    Did you do a battery pull?
    OTA update can only be done if there's an os upgrade. For us 8330 owners, i doubt there is.
    Wait, you're on Boost? Are you running os 5.0?
    Yes on the battery pull
    06-14-10 01:38 PM
    Just out of curiosity, should the new zip have come with the alx file?
    I didn't include one because you said you don't have access to a computer. No DM, no need for an alx.
    06-14-10 04:24 PM
54 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD