Hey all,

So I am getting a new BB Curve 8330m via Advanced Exchange through my local service center. My Curve's screen went completely blank and will not come on. The phone works, but, given this device, having a non-working screen is just not acceptable.

So, here are my questions...

1) I already have my phone backed-up on my computer, so, that is of no concern. My main concern is this, the way my ASC works is that I bring them my device, and then, they activate it there, and then I leave with the new phone (which prevents me from using the "Phone Switch" option in DM). I plan on doing a wipe using JL_CMDER to make sure that none of my information is on the device when I exchange it. I want to make sure none of my service books get sent back to that old device before I get home and get a chance to update it via the Sprint BIS site. I assume given the fact that I will have completely erased it that there is very little chance of that happening. What are your thoughts on this?

2) I am almost certain that my new BB will be not-new (aka refurb). Will the PIN be re-used as well or will I get a brand new PIN?

Thanks guys and gals. I hate that my 8330m's screen died only two months after I got it, but hey, maybe I'll get something better than an 8330m, like an 8330e! :-D
    10-19-09 05:03 PM
    You will not get a new pin, but the pin should be clear.

Do a change device on your BIS site to enter your new pin number for your email accts, then resend service books to your new Curve.

After you restore, then you should be good to go.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-19-09 05:23 PM
    So, if it's not a new PIN, how do they guarantee it's clear??? That kinda bothers me...
    10-20-09 06:37 AM
    It is clear because its a refurb, everytime someone exchanges their device they clear the PIN so when they send it out as a refurb there's no problem...

I have never heard of anyone receiving a bad PIN from a refurb
    10-20-09 06:59 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD