Ok,
    I know this is probably a no-brainer but I am new. I want to transfer photos form the Curve to my pc. Tried media manager to no avail. Any suggestions, please?
    Thnx
    01-22-09 07:36 PM
    You can always email them to yourself, or if you have a microSD card you can put it inside the larger SD card and insert that into your computer if you have the port. You could also try enabling Mass Storage Mode and copy the photos off the BlackBerry drive that shows up.
    01-22-09 07:45 PM
    I use the mass storage mode and then just open them in windows explorer. I find it easier than having to remove the battery cover/battery to get to the card. One feature I wish BB has was the card on top of the battery somehow...
    01-22-09 08:04 PM
    a hot-swappable micro SD slot is my only wish for the curve, newer pearls and the bold have it. I don't know about 8900 or 95xx

either way email might be simplest if you don't have a card (which really you may want to invest in) otherwise mass storage mode works quite easily
    01-22-09 10:21 PM
    Use mass storage mode. Options-media card-prompt when connected. It will allow you to sync your media card with your pc. You should also do this for transfering music. Media manager on Desktop Manager is horrible. I downloaded DM without it.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-22-09 10:21 PM
    Like the others have said, use your USB cable and Mass Storage Mode or if you PC/Laptop has Blue Tooth, you can transfer them that way as well.
    01-22-09 11:09 PM
    Use mass storage mode. Options-media card-prompt when connected. It will allow you to sync your media card with your pc. You should also do this for transfering music. Media manager on Desktop Manager is horrible. I downloaded DM without it.

Newbie here........... Why is media manager so bad? If it is that bad, can you just download the desktop manger to your pc?
    01-23-09 09:34 AM

Yep works great for me as well this way!
    01-23-09 09:35 AM
    How do you use mass storage mode?
    01-24-09 01:56 PM
    Media manager is orrible because you can't transfer protected music to your phone. It freezes, and it takes up so much space. Why go through all that when you can just drap and drop through mass media stoarge.

To you mass media storage, first make sure that your settings under options-media card says, mass media storage-yes.

Plug your phone in to the computer, and go to my computer- and you should see a drive called blackberry. Click and drap and drop all ur content you want on your phone into there. Your done..

01-24-09 02:10 PM
    Or if you just want to send 1 or 2 pictures, send via bluetooth.
    01-24-09 03:20 PM
    Just got my 9530 a month ago

I'm on a mac ver 10.4

When I plug my black berry into it via usb it does not recognize it as a mass storage device.

I do have the Mass Storage Mode Support on in the memory window of the phone.

Am I missing something?

TIA
    01-24-09 03:30 PM
    Or if you just want to send 1 or 2 pictures, send via bluetooth.
    If your computer supports bluetooth.

01-24-09 04:03 PM
    Just got my 9530 a month ago

I'm on a mac ver 10.4

When I plug my black berry into it via usb it does not recognize it as a mass storage device.

I do have the Mass Storage Mode Support on in the memory window of the phone.

Am I missing something?

TIA
    I'm ot sure about doing it on a mac sorry.

01-24-09 04:04 PM
    question... i use mass storage mode... but i have tons of pics all sorted into folders on my BB sd card... is there any way to automatically sync all new pics to the desktop each time? instead of having to manually try and figure out what is new or not in each folder? ANY help would save me hours! ha!
    thanks
    y
    03-23-09 08:17 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD