ok here is an odd one ...

i am getting all my email but with the exception of one email address and yep it would the one of a few email addresses i need to be getting

i have reset the email on the website side of it and my provider are currently drawing up blanks

any ideas blackberry friends

Mark W-E
    11-06-07 12:59 PM
    1. are you BIS?
    2. is the email accounts password the same as what you have set up for on the "website side"?
    3. is that email account set up for POP access?
    11-06-07 01:14 PM
    dont know what BIS is .....

as for the accounts yes they are correct well i assume they are as i am getting all my other mail sent to that account with the exception of that one email address like i said

Mark
    11-06-07 01:18 PM
    look in my signature for the differance between BES and BIS ...

log into your email account that your having issues with and make sure that you have it set up for POP access and that the password that you gave to the "website" (i'm going to assume your BIS) matches ...
    11-06-07 01:21 PM
    all my settings are how they should be - - it appears i dont get email from anyone using that email address - - its a company email they are sending from

still getting everything else fine
    11-08-07 09:25 AM
    so your getting other emails from YOUR account on your blackberry? ... just not emails ppl send to you from a specific email domain? If thats the case it sounds like its more of a filter issue ...
    11-08-07 09:45 AM
    there are no filters on this why i find is so odd

Mark
    11-08-07 09:50 AM
    i went to my providers website deleted the account then re- set it up all that did was give me a new icon

i also sent out new service books just in case there were errors

very confused by the whole thing as it all worked fine on my previous berry

Mark
    11-08-07 09:55 AM
    you are getting other ppls emails sent to you on that email account of yours right? ...
    11-08-07 09:56 AM
    hmmm ... if it worked fine with your previous berry it should work with this one ... you said that you deleted that email account from your BIS website and reset it up ... and resent service books ... thats all i could tell you ... i dont think that a battery pull would be needed for this kind of an issue ... *scratches head*

are you sure that THEY are sending to the right email address?
    11-08-07 09:59 AM
    yeh all fine just this one email address doesnt get there
    11-08-07 09:59 AM
    yes it is going to the correct address as it comes through on my laptop fine to the correct address etc

Mark
    11-08-07 10:03 AM
    Hi there first post here so hopefully i can provide some useful info.
    You mentioned this was a company e-mail address. Have you checked to see if perhaps they closed the ports on their end that allow for access. I know my company closed the ports that the BB use to get our e-mails. So, now anyone with a blackberry is unable to retrieve their e-mail using that device.
    11-08-07 10:11 AM
    ooo that sounds interesting what do i need to say to the tech guy there

this could be the issue as i have had issues before from them
    11-08-07 10:19 AM
    Your company should have some sort of IT support for networking issues. I would go to one of the network guys and just tell them you can't get your company e-mail using your blackberry but receive all other e-mails fine, did they change something or close the ports preventing blackberry access?
    I would go straight through a network guy as usual tech support doesn't know too much.
    11-08-07 10:30 AM
    theirs alot of unanswered variables here...

Is your company using a BES?..If so are you certain you have a BES plan..

Did you go through the process of something called "enterprise activation"?

What type of email address did you set up on the website?/ when you set it up, did the website tell you it was successful and did you recieve notification of it being successful on your BB?..i know it gave you the icon, but did it send a message as well?

theirs more to look into, but lets start with that information first
    11-08-07 10:39 AM
    theirs alot of unanswered variables here...

Is your company using a BES?..If so are you certain you have a BES plan..

Did you go through the process of something called "enterprise activation"?

What type of email address did you set up on the website?/ when you set it up, did the website tell you it was successful and did you recieve notification of it being successful on your BB?..i know it gave you the icon, but did it send a message as well?

theirs more to look into, but lets start with that information first
    firstly its not my company its a company i freelance for

i did get an email saying it had being set up - what i set up was my own company email
    11-08-07 10:55 AM
    bit more to add to this discussion .......i was sat in there office over the weekend and mentioned to the person i normal get my email from the issues i was having with email from them .

so we started bouncing emails around and it appears i will receive an email if he does a reply from his berry but still nothing if it come via his desktop

i am also having a chat with the server guy tmrw

Mark W-E
    11-11-07 05:10 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD