I am very new to this BB stuff.

I have a palm pilot that has hundres of contacts that I need to get into my BBCurve. When I use the desktop manager to try and bring over the information it does not pick up my palm. I have no clue what to do... PLEASE HELP!!
    07-02-08 06:36 PM
    hi spannifer

What version of Desktop Manager and Palm Desktop Software are you using? You should have at least Desktop Manager 4.2.2 and one of the following versions of Palm Software:

Palm� Desktop Software 4.0.1, 4.1, 4.1.2, 4.1.4, or 6.0.1

hth,

e.n.
    07-02-08 06:59 PM
    I just switched from a Palm 700P to the BB Curve 8330. I had to export my contacts from the Palm desktop to a format that I imported to Outlook Express. From there I exported from Outlook Express a format that could be imported to the BB Desktop manager. Sorry I'm not more specific on the details, but I found them searching this site. I'll see if I saved the thread...
    07-02-08 07:56 PM
    I hope you did save that thread....

I don't have those versions of Palm Desktop Software..it is really old.

I do have Desktop Manager 4.2.2
    07-02-08 09:43 PM
    I hope you did save that thread....

I don't have those versions of Palm Desktop Software..it is really old.

I do have Desktop Manager 4.2.2
    Ok, didn't find the actual thread that I used, BUT I found one where I helped someone else. This is what I did:

<<I had to sync my Palm desktop contacts to Outlook Express first (exported as Vcard from Palm then imported to OE). Then sync'd my Blackberry by going to synchronize>configure sync>choose OE to address book>advanced settings>check the mapping to make sure you're pulling in the right stuff.
    >>

Hope this helps...
    07-02-08 10:08 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD