Ok so ive only had the dang BB Curve for 3 wks about, and im having the constant internet explorer error and its getting realllllyyyy annoying !!

Its saying that I dont have enuff network coverage. I have no new applications, or anything. I did try to restart the phone and no such luck. its been unable to connect to the internet for 2days now!!! Im starting to lose patience. Why is this doing this? All my history/cache is cleared, i dont have alot of files, ringtones, etc. or anything that would make the phone lag. Last time it did this, I had an error with the Yellow Pages APP and i deleted it and it worked fine. but i have no new apps that i would have to delete and so i dont get it..

also i noticed today that while trying to send text messages, it seemed a bit slow, kind of stayed on the menu/send screen for an extra minute an then the text would clear and go thru.

what the **** could the problem be?? Is this just the BB network itself?? Everything under my settings is connected so Im thinking its just Sprint or BB. But God this is annoying!!

I wanted to do a battery pull...butttttt i have a plastic case on my phone and its a tad bit hard to take off, so once i get it off i will do a battery pull and try it LOL

Anyway else have this goin on?
    04-16-09 09:31 PM
    Well, if you haven't already try and do a battery pull - pop off the back plate and literally yank the battery out. That usually clears out everything and fixes any random oddities.

If you've done that or that doesn't work - what is your network indicator reporting? Are you able to make calls, text, send email, etc?

It could very well be that you are either in a fringe coverage area or there is an issue with the coverage where you live. I would exhaust all of those possibilities before looking any further into the device - BBs are usually pretty good as far as radio hardware.
    04-16-09 09:35 PM
    Well all I have to say is good luck because I have a friend with Sprint and has the same phone also. She lives more out in the country and has the same problem. I had her call Sprint and have them push through a PRL and that helped a little bit. I have a 8330 with Alltel and was able to surf the internet while being right next to her and had no problems at all. I have to say it is probably Sprints network.
    04-16-09 09:38 PM
    You have to decide if you want to troubleshoot your BB, or take the easy and possibly sensible approach and exchange your BB for another one before your 30 days are up.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-16-09 09:38 PM
    To reset the phone without taking the battery cover off press
    at the same time ALT+RIGHT SHIFT+DELETE

In the future you can use an app such as QuickPull
    04-16-09 09:39 PM
    Well I actually live right in the city area, right near an avenue, lots of surroundings and traffic and so on, so i doubt its the area thing.

Also, yes Im still able text, call, umm use my calender and so on, its only the browser, cnn, myspace, aim apps that arent loading. anything that needs the internet.

I guess i could do the battery pull but like i said the cover i have on it is kinda hard to pop off so ill try tonight. I wouldnt wanna break a nail lOl JK
    04-16-09 09:41 PM
    To reset the phone without taking the battery cover off press
    at the same time ALT+RIGHT SHIFT+DELETE

In the future you can use an app such as QuickPull
    Ok I see the ALT but what button is Right?? and where is the shift??? and so i push all four buttons at the same time???
    04-16-09 09:43 PM
    Ok I see the ALT but what button is Right?? and where is the shift??? and so i push all four buttons at the same time???
    Just take the back cover off and pull the battery out.
    04-16-09 09:44 PM
    3 buttons, Alt, Right Shift Key, Del.

04-16-09 09:44 PM
    Rush, the OP said they have a case that makes pulling the battery a PITA.

04-16-09 09:45 PM
    Rush, the OP said they have a case that makes pulling the battery a PITA.

Yeah, i just noticed that, she must have added it after i posted - sorry . Let us know if the reset works.
    04-16-09 09:47 PM
    3 buttons, Alt, Right Shift Key, Del.

Ok I just did it. Sorry im still getting familiar with the buttons. its restarting up now. well the time clock is on... OMG IT WORKED!!! YESSSSS NOW I CAN FINALLY SEE AND READ MY EMAILS AGAIN!!!!!!

P.S. I tend to feel special when i get an email or myspace alert hahahah

Does this happen to everyone occassionally? do you think I should really give the phone back? I really dont want to do it..Ive fallen in love with it already haha

I really wouldnt want to give it back. I guess i can deal with it happening occassionally but it is a tad annoying!
    04-16-09 09:50 PM
    Just take the back cover off and pull the battery out.
    Yeah I agree just do a bat pull.
    04-16-09 09:53 PM
    One more question...What does the symbol of the number 1 and then a little globe mean?

1o <~ similiar to that but the circle is a globe looking thing.
    04-16-09 10:01 PM
    its a browser message.
    go into your messages hit menu>view folder and you'll see a folder for browser messages
    Last edited by kwmksavage; 04-16-09 at 10:04 PM.
    04-16-09 10:02 PM
    It's called a browser message. Open Messages - Menu - View Folder - Browser Messages
    04-16-09 10:04 PM
    Ok Cool Thanks ! I read it. Geez this phone has soo many little nooks and crannys to read up on. PFFT gonna take me forever to learn !!
    It's called a browser message. Open Messages - Menu - View Folder - Browser Messages
    04-16-09 10:08 PM
    If you take the phone back remember to get ur P I N number off your phone and remember all your e mail passwords ect. Turned my old curve for the new and forgot my email passwords and pins took 6 hrs with Sprint but alls well
    04-16-09 10:11 PM
    Ok Cool Thanks ! I read it. Geez this phone has soo many little nooks and crannys to read up on. PFFT gonna take me forever to learn !!
    It will go by quicker than you think. have you read the 101 lecture series already? If not there is a link in my sig. Good stuff there...
    04-16-09 10:14 PM
    What is a browser message anyway? I've seen the folder but never had one and wonderoing where they come from or what they are.

04-16-09 10:25 PM
    What is a browser message anyway? I've seen the folder but never had one and wonderoing where they come from or what they are.

Browser Message Push
    Instead of creating an icon on the home screen of the BlackBerry wireless device, a Browser Message Push will arrive in the Inbox on the device. When the user opens the message, the default browser on the device is launched then opens the page. Unlike the Browser Channel Push or Browser Content Push, the web page is stored as a browser message instead of in the BlackBerry Browser's cache. This means that the page will be available until the message is deleted. It will not be removed from the BlackBerry Browser cache when other events (browsing, cache clear) take place. The message created from a Browser Message Push is not sent to, and will not appear in, a user's Inbox on their desktop. It is sent directly to the device
    04-16-09 10:27 PM
    If you take the phone back remember to get ur P I N number off your phone and remember all your e mail passwords ect. Turned my old curve for the new and forgot my email passwords and pins took 6 hrs with Sprint but alls well
    I'm like 99% sure the PIN number is unique to each device and it is not transferable. If you replace you're device, you get a new PIN.
    04-16-09 10:34 PM
    Yeah Im happy too!!! I havent had any other issues with the phone..yet..so far so good..hopefully it stays like that!
    Allofme4yu,
    I have to same exact BB as you and the same exact cell company as well!
    I have not had any issues with my BB. But I am glad to hear you got your issue fixed!!
    04-16-09 10:40 PM
    I've been lurking on here for a while now, but just wanted to say thanks. I'd had this problem today and was getting quite frustrated. I tried the battery pull, it didn't work. Followed the simple instructions and WHAMY!! All back to normal. Thanks!!
    05-22-09 12:45 PM
    when it starts running slow go to options-> Status-> and look and see how much files are free. When it gets below 12, especially below 10 it acts a little funny.
    05-22-09 09:22 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD