I bought an almost new 8830 Curve on ebay. It had all the previous owners information on it and 3 email accounts. I deleted the accounts and wiped the phone using:

Options, Security, General Settings then hit the menu key and select wipe handheld

However, I am STILL getting emails sent to one email address, they show up in messages.

How can I get rid of these unwanted emails?
    06-14-09 02:09 PM
    Do you have your email setup on there? Just asking to make sure the pin was released. If so just go to options/advanced options/service books and delete both the cical and cmime entries for the account the other person had.
    Last edited by rlp32; 06-14-09 at 02:16 PM. Reason: re word to make it easier to understand
    06-14-09 02:15 PM
    Thank you for the amazingly fast reply.

I don't have my own email info on the phone yet, and I realized after I posted that all I deleted was the subfolders of the inboxes, I am still getting emails from all 3 email accounts.

I am a total newbie to Blackberry, this phone is a replacement for my dead Treo 650. So I don't know what you mean by "pin released." Similarly, I have looked at options/advanced options/service books, but don't see anything I can recognize as "cical" or "cmime" for any of the accounts that are receiving email. Perhaps this is because I don't know what I am looking for?

Please can you advise further?
    06-14-09 02:27 PM
    Sure. Each blackberry has its own unique "pin number" and thats whats associated with your account to allow you to recieve emails and such. It sounds like the previous owner still has the pin on their account. Best thing to do is either contact them and have them release it or call verizon and talk to tech dept. They will be able to help you. This is where you will add an account for your device and manage your email accounts. https://bis.na.blackberry.com/html?brand=vzw
    06-14-09 02:35 PM
    The service books I told you to delete would be something like this. Lets say I gave you the phone......it would be under service books like
    rlp32[CICAL]
    rlp32[CMIME]
    06-14-09 02:38 PM
    Thanks for the help. I called Verizon, they used the Blackberry Enterprise Tool to remove the previous owner when I gave them the PIN.
    06-14-09 05:39 PM
    Glad you got it worked out.
    06-14-09 06:16 PM
    thanks for this, worked for me!
    07-08-09 07:38 PM
    Hi,
    I am also new to this and I have a similar problem with an 8900 that I bought off Ebay. However I used BBSAK and did a wipe of the device and reinstalled ver 5 software on it. I noticed that as soon as I put in my SIM card and my BB Service went live I started getting mail for the previous owner and stuff that I didn't install like the latest version of Appworld and BBM just came to life on the device.

How do I get the device to foget the previous owner?
    02-25-12 06:49 PM
    I am also new to this and I have a similar problem with an 8900 that I bought off Ebay. Thang you very much!
    03-13-12 10:36 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD