So, I've read a lot of good things about these email viewers. But I wouldn't want to buy one knowing that OS 4.5 for AT&T is right around the corner.

I have 3 options:
    - Empower Standard ($9.99)
    - Empower Pro ($29.99)
    - BBSmart ($29.95)

I think I like the first option better, mainly due to price, and that I'm just looking for a basic email viewer. Anyone with the Standard, do you like it?

Or does it make more sense to save my bucks and wait for OS 4.5?

Thanks!
    11-15-08 04:43 PM
    Are you serious? You don't need to wait for ATT. Click the link at the top of the page for the latest OS for your model and install it using the directions that should be link. No need to waste money on somethinthat you could do now for months for free

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-15-08 05:24 PM
    That's correct. But I'm trying to wait for the official release, as I've read of some people having trouble with 4.5 and their AT&T blackberries.
    11-16-08 12:40 PM
    and im sure theres some people that have problems with 4.2. even when att officially releases it there will still be people with problems. if you want to waste $30 go ahead, or download the latest os for your phone and see how it works for you which is the smart option. either use the link at the top of the subforum or go to the beta subforum and find out what the latest is and download that which is what i would recommend. but of course im sure you dont want a beta because its not att approved, so deal with a ****tier os. your choice.
    11-16-08 02:29 PM
    Well, that makes sense. That's an option I hadn't considered, I'll give it a try. Thanks!
    11-16-08 02:58 PM
    I would suggest the upgrade, it's free, easy to do and if it doesn't work you could always downgrade and buy the app.
    just follow the instructions in the sticky for the upgrade.
    i've been through 4 upgrades on my curve and 4 on my 8100 no problems at all.
    11-16-08 03:43 PM
    I just put 4.5.0.102 on my ATT Curve 2 days go. I had no problems with the install, all my 3rd party apps were reinstalled, and I`ve had no problems with the phone since the install. And Yahoo Messenger works on its own without having to use Jivetalk. All is well and I`m very happy running 4.5.
    Last edited by mtc019; 11-16-08 at 03:55 PM.
    11-16-08 03:51 PM
    It's nice to hear the applications get reinstalled automatically (thought I had to reinstall each one myself). I'll give it a try, and if something bad happens, I can always downgrade. Thanks again
    11-16-08 04:14 PM
    I had a Curve on AT&T which I installed OS 4.5.0.93 on it and I had no problems at all with it. There have been a few upgrades since .93 so it's been tweaked even more for better operation. Good luck on your upgrade. I have some links in my signature for more information on performing the upgrade.
    11-16-08 04:31 PM
    I would suggest the upgrade as well.
    BBSmart was a waste of money for me.

I bought BBSmart when I had 4.2 and I never used it because it was more trouble than it was worth -- then when I found out that you were supposed to be able to view images in emails, I emailed them a few times asking for update info (supposedly included with purchase) and they never responded. Disappointing.
    11-17-08 12:11 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD