This is undoubtedly a repeat post but I can't find direct answers for my problem by lurking as such I am posting here.

I bought a 8100 from my T Mobile dealer 2 years ago with data service, blackberry email etc etc. On vacation in Toronto I lost my phone on the subway and had my roommate mail me my backup SIM card.

Following I bought an unlocked German 8300(verified 8300) from this Chinese Phone market, sadly already no refunds or replacements. I have updated the software as well as my PIN and IMEI but I can't seem to get Data service working properly.

While I had my 8100 here in Canada even on Rogers I could post to facebook, browse the internet etc but with this new phone I'm jammed in "edge", the Chinese market boss said it's a problem with my data service being frozen but I called T-mo again and verified it is infact working.

Do I need to do the JL_Cmder i read about to restore to factory, am I stuck up the creek with a phone that is a glorified Sony Ericsson that's unlocked?

Please any resolution would be appreciated in lieu of spending an entire night tooling with Desktop Manager and T Mobile on another line to fix it ultimately to have the T-Mo BB rep say "Sorry dude, looks like you're stuck"

any response, provided it has a resolution to my problem, is appreciated.
    08-04-08 11:23 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD