So I just noticed this feature today. Maybe it's a 4.5 thing, maybe it's just something that I missed until today.

If you go to the camera and click the menu button, under the "options" one is geotagging. It assigns your GPS location to every picture so you can see that picture on a map.

Here are a few questions about this:
    #1 Did you know about this?
    #2 what is they best way you have used this feature?
    #3 If I sent this picture to another BBer, would they have the geotag on the picture recieved?
    04-15-09 07:14 PM
    Well I've been using the Geotag feature, doesn't seem like it actually works. I took pictures where I had a satellite lock. Viewed it on both Windows and Mac and didn't find the coordinates on where I took the picture. Just said Camera make was BlackBerry and Model was 8330..
    04-15-09 07:44 PM
    i have seen the option but never really knew what it was for i'd like to learn more though???
    04-15-09 07:49 PM
    I tried it too, but it doesn't seem to do anything.

However, I have a program called GSPed that claims, as one of its features, the ability to geotag photos. I'm guessing that the geotag feature has to be turned on to use that feature with a 3rd party app. In otherwords, the geotag feature does nothing itself, it just allows a 3rd party app to access the gps infor for picture tagging.

But I'm only guessing.

I haven't yet had a chance to play with it and the developer's site is woefully lacking in information about the GSPed.
    04-15-09 08:10 PM
    Here's what I did with a pic that I geotagged. Go to the pic, hit menu and select, "view on map" and THAT is where you see on a map where you took it.what so it doesn't seem like that info would transfer to a comp, but maybe another BB? I was hoping one of you may have already tested it.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-16-09 09:58 AM
    I don't see a "view on map" menu choice.
    05-26-09 02:37 PM
    it puts your gps location in the pictures metadata
    05-26-09 02:39 PM
    I read somewhere that you can view the geo tag info using the IRFANVIEW freeware, but I've not tested that myself.
    05-26-09 06:02 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD