Hi Everyone this is my first post here at crackberry,
    I am relatively new to the BB world so forgive my ignorance with these things. I have had my 8330 for a couple months and today when I go to send a text message, I get an X on the screen by the message (where the check mark would be) and a "General Text Error" message. Sometimes the text does go thru anyways, but it is sent multiple times to the person receiving it. The email accounts work well as well as the phone, just not sure what to do about the text? Is that a network or phone issue? Any input would be appreciated as I really don't want to call Sprint.
    I have not update to the new software, it is still version 4.5.0.131 on the sprint network. I am hesitant to upgrade, I don't want to lose all my data.
    Thanks in advance for your help and any ways to fix this.
    11-13-09 12:01 PM
    Do I battery pull with device on… you will not lose anything.
    11-13-09 12:02 PM
    I have not update to the new software, it is still version 4.5.0.131 on the sprint network. I am hesitant to upgrade, I don't want to lose all my data.
    Thanks in advance for your help and any ways to fix this.[/QUOTE]

If you Desktop Manager, it will backup you data before it wipes the phone, and then reinstall all of your data after the the new OS is installed.
    11-13-09 12:08 PM
    Thanks in advance for your help and any ways to fix this.
    If you Desktop Manager, it will backup you data before it wipes the phone, and then reinstall all of your data after the the new OS is installed.[/QUOTE]

Not sure if you are asking something or just making a statement but you can read the bb 101 in the link below to see if you can do your upgrade of your os. Also when you connect to desktop manager it can prompt you to install a new official os.

http://forums.crackberry.com/f132/ho...system-208714/
    11-13-09 12:29 PM
    Thanks for the replies, to answer some of your questions:

Yes, I have done multiple battery pulls, its wierd. Sometimes it works as its supposed to and other times it sends multiple duplicate messages and/or I get a big X??

For the statements I made regarding the upgrade, It wasn't a question I was just say ng that I had not done the upgrade yet and lettng you guys know what OS I had on it. I am going to do the desktop mgr before I update. I have been reading others comments about it and don't want to do it without the backup.
    Thanks guys,

Has anyone ever had this issue? Just want to know if its a network or phone issue.
    11-13-09 02:51 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD