Hi All, I am a new bb curve 8330 user (Sprint/OS 4.3.0127/Desktop Manager 4.3.0.17). Since getting the device I have been browsing this forum, and have learned alot. But I still have some un-answered questions, I was hoping some of you may be able to answer.

Upgrading
    I realize there is a OS4.5v,but sprint hasn't "authorized" it, and being a newby, I don't want to take any chances. However, can I upgrade the Desktop manager to the latest version and still have it work with the devices older version?

Calender Menu
    What is the "enable quick entry" under options/general options?

Under options/status/menu/database size, 3 different calanders appear? Why? I only have 2 email accounts configured?

Messages Icon
    I currently have my messages set to seperate for SMS/Voice and emails. However, I have 2 email accounts which show up as two seperate icons on the applications screen. Is there a way to consolidate those so that I only have one email icon with 2 subgroups?

Memory Cards
    Can the memory card be used to store themes, as well as ringtones, and pics?

Browser
    What is the difference between WAP and regular webpages like those you see on a PC?

Options Menu
    In my options/advanced options/application, under BlackBerry 4.3 Core applications, I have the following listed and would like to know what they are?
    Russian characters & Font Support 4.3
    Semitic characters & Font Support 4.3

Any help is greatly appreciated...
    01-29-09 10:26 PM
    Hi All, I am a new bb curve 8330 user (Sprint/OS 4.3.0127/Desktop Manager 4.3.0.17). Since getting the device I have been browsing this forum, and have learned alot. But I still have some un-answered questions, I was hoping some of you may be able to answer.

Upgrading
    I realize there is a OS4.5v,but sprint hasn't "authorized" it, and being a newby, I don't want to take any chances. However, can I upgrade the Desktop manager to the latest version and still have it work with the devices older version?

Calender Menu

Under options/status/menu/database size, 3 different calanders appear? Why? I only have 2 email accounts configured?

Messages Icon
    I currently have my messages set to seperate for SMS/Voice and emails. However, I have 2 email accounts which show up as two seperate icons on the applications screen. Is there a way to consolidate those so that I only have one email icon with 2 subgroups?

Memory Cards

Browser
    What is the difference between WAP and regular webpages like those you see on a PC?

Options Menu
    In my options/advanced options/application, under BlackBerry 4.3 Core applications, I have the following listed and would like to know what they are?

1)The newest BBDM should work with any recent OS.
    2)Not sure.
    3)Also unsure.
    4)For me, if I have it set to separate, the messages folder will only show email. You can just hide the icons for the email accounts by pressing the blackberry button and selecting hide.
    5)Ringtones and pics, yes, themes no. Themes are stored on the RAM of the device, so don't overinstall them, or you'll clog up what limited application space you have.
    6)WAP pages will load more quickly than desktop versions and are usually less full-featured. Also, WAP pages will usually only have vertical scrolling (no horizontal)
    7) That will give the ability to view Russian and Semitic (Hebrew, Arabic, etc.) in the browser and in messages, but I don't believe you can send messages in those languages.
    Hope I was helpful.
    01-29-09 10:34 PM
    Basically what the person above me said. Beat me to it.
    01-29-09 10:43 PM
    Updrade to DM 4.6. 4.7 stll has a few bugs.

With the emails, no they have to be seperate.

Memory cards can only be used for pics videos and ringtones as well as music.

Wap pages are specially made for mobile devices and lod a lot faster/better. If you want real web pages I suggest downloading opra mini or bolt

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-29-09 10:53 PM
    To answer number 3 no you cannot have one icon for 2 email addresses
    01-29-09 10:53 PM
    Does anyone know of a armband case that I can use in the gym. I want to start using my Curve 8320 to listen to music as I workout.
    01-29-09 10:54 PM

Upgrading

Calender Menu

Messages Icon

Memory Cards

Browser

Options Menu

Welcome to crackberry!
    01-29-09 10:56 PM
    Updrade to DM 4.6. 4.7 stll has a few bugs.

With the emails, no they have to be seperate.

Memory cards can only be used for pics videos and ringtones as well as music.

Wap pages are specially made for mobile devices and lod a lot faster/better. If you want real web pages I suggest downloading opra mini or bolt

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Bolt is fast, but don't you find the trackball scrolling with it awful?
    01-29-09 11:02 PM
    Bolt is fast, but don't you find the trackball scrolling with it awful?
    Yes it really is. But keep in mind, its still a beta. Hopefully the bugs will be fixed on the next upgrade which i here from my friends over there at bolt will be real soon.
    01-29-09 11:07 PM
    Yes it really is. But keep in mind, its still a beta. Hopefully the bugs will be fixed on the next upgrade which i here from my friends over there at bolt will be real soon.
    I hope so, if they can get all the kinks worked out (text needs to fit with the page and all scrolling needs to be made more precise), as well as a nicer looking font, I think Bolt could be a great browser for Blackberries. Its probably a good idea for them to focus on BB and S60, since they're the biggest platforms. Dumbphones like the V9 are important too, but we need a better browser. The whole point of this rant is that I would not suggest Bolt to a new Crackberry addict (hopefully).
    01-29-09 11:13 PM

Upgrading
    I realize there is a OS4.5v,but sprint hasn't "authorized" it, and being a newby, ......
    I didn't think anyone spelled it that way... Except for me of course. My last name is Newby.
    01-30-09 01:46 AM
    Thanks for the responses, and the welcome. I have a couple more questions.

1.Can I delete the Russian/Semitic characters& Font Support without a mess. I don't speak nor understand written Russian/Semitc Languages so I see no point of having that on my email. If anything I would add Spanish. Where can I find the Spanish support?

2. Additionally, I have noticed that my personal email takes much longer (~12-15 min.) to arrive to my BB that my business (~4-8 min) after being sent/cc from Outlook on BIS. Is this the norm or is there some way to configure them to arrive faster?

3. Also, can you receive email during a telephone conversation? I was on a length conversation, in which emails were exchanged. While on the telephone call (which lasted more than 20 min.), none of those emails arrived. The minute I hung up, a tidal wave of emails came in. Is this the norm? If not is there a better way of formating my email configuration?
    01-30-09 02:17 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD