So what do you think? How much longer does this little charm have?
    10-11-09 09:59 PM
    I think it's still a great device but it depends on what are your needs.
    10-11-09 10:15 PM
    The device has been out ~18 months. You got the new curves, the bold, storm, tour, etc replacing it. I give it till about the end of January before they are phased out and by summer i doubt they'll be sold anymore
    10-11-09 10:19 PM
    Here's my thoughts based on recent S/W stuff.

We probably have bout 6 months left of "shelf life" on the phone. Since they released a leaked 5.0.0.230 revision, and it beign pretty current on the leaks list, then obviously it wasn't an old build that found its way out. So it looks to be getting 5.0 support.

So we should still see it on the shelf a bit after the 5.0 rollout by end of year. So I'm guessnig 6-8 months of shelf life.

Then another 6-10 months of "support" of new stuff often (like it is now). During that period it will be phasing out since it wont be available as "new" equiptment, but it will still get standard support via RIM since it's still new in users hands for quite a bit of people.

Then it will phase out. So just shy of 2yrs before its pretty much "whatcha got is whatcha got" status.
    10-11-09 10:30 PM
    Here's my thoughts based on recent S/W stuff.

We probably have bout 6 months left of "shelf life" on the phone. Since they released a leaked 5.0.0.230 revision, and it beign pretty current on the leaks list, then obviously it wasn't an old build that found its way out. So it looks to be getting 5.0 support.

So we should still see it on the shelf a bit after the 5.0 rollout by end of year. So I'm guessnig 6-8 months of shelf life.

Then another 6-10 months of "support" of new stuff often (like it is now). During that period it will be phasing out since it wont be available as "new" equiptment, but it will still get standard support via RIM since it's still new in users hands for quite a bit of people.

Then it will phase out. So just shy of 2yrs before its pretty much "whatcha got is whatcha got" status.
    That works for me as I just got the phone 5 months ago so I have a year and a half or so left before the "upgrade"
    10-11-09 10:33 PM
    You should be fine with that. By then, other builds will have gotten better, and it will be worthwhile to upgrade.

I have the opportunity to do it now, but seeing some of the devices in the works, figured I was better off waiting.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-11-09 10:40 PM
    That works for me as I just got the phone 5 months ago so I have a year and a half or so left before the "upgrade"
    I got the phone 10 months ago, but I don't think it is going to sustain me another 14. I'll probably try to upgrade early because after seeing what the Tour can do and the storm 2 is expected to do, I feel like paying $30 a month for the crappy features of my phone when someone else paying the same $30 can do so much more is just crap.
    10-11-09 10:41 PM
    I'm going to upgrade in March, not sure to what yet. I'm on Sprint, so have limited choice with BlackBerry. .

So what do you think? How much longer does this little charm have?
    Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-12-09 03:07 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD