I've had my Curve for about 6 months and just the other day, I noticed that my trackball was functional in every direction but RIGHT. This makes it extremely hard to navigate the home screen if you have an icon lay-out. After some repeated shut-downs, battery removal, sim-card removal, the problem did not stop... And then suddenly it started to work again, as if I had tricked it into working again, by rolling the trackball around like crazy. This concerned me slightly, but it's been a few days now, and today, my trackball was working properly in every direction except LEFT! What is with this? Is anyone else seeing this type of problem? I can't image it's a hardware issue, but maybe a faulty lateral sensor?
    12-06-07 09:57 PM
    Try cleaning your trackball. Take a look at:

http://forums.crackberry.com/f3/how-...rackball-3243/

Hope this helps.
    12-06-07 10:11 PM
    I haven't ever heard of something like that happening. My trackball seemed to "sink" a little on my Pearl, but never stopped working. If the cleaning doesn't work you might try calling BB.
    12-06-07 10:59 PM
    OK thanks, I'll try the cleaning, and see if it helps. The main reason for cleaning seems to be stickiness, and while this is not the case for my trackball, perhaps the rollers are a bit clogged up. I'll get back with more info. Assuming that it's only been behaving oddly for a few days, I'll wait to take it apart until it does it again.
    12-06-07 11:17 PM
    It's usually dust in my experience. Try pushing down on the trackball and blowing into it.

I had the problem once and that solved it.
    12-06-07 11:17 PM
    Yeh, I have a lot of dust problems: under my screen is where I notice it of course, but it's obviously getting everywhere. Thanks for the tip.
    12-07-07 12:13 AM
    I've had this non moving trackball issue to. It didn't move up or down, just left or right.
    It happened twice for a day and then started working properly next day. And had problems again few weeks later.
    I tried the cleaning, battery pulls etc and tht didn't work. I took in my BB to my fone company and they took it in to check it out. Although I've only had the BB for 3mths they did not want to replace it. They loaned me a 8700 becos they didn't have Curve in stock. I swapped that with a friend.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-07-07 02:42 AM
    I just wanted to say Thank you for the info on cleaning the trackball. I just purchased my second Curve today and the trackball wouldn't navigate to the right. When I disassembled it, there was a small piece of white plastic stuck in the roller arm. It's working great now!
    Thanks again.
    12-24-07 06:12 PM
    T-Mobiles BB support says to take a can of air, hold it about 5 to 10 inches away from the trackball (using the straw that comes with the can of air) and lightly blowing air into and around the trackball area.
    12-24-07 08:30 PM
    You can put your phone on standby mode, the press hard on the trackball and move it in all directions to remove the obstruction.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-25-07 02:05 PM
    My trackball only moved left. I took the the advice of a previous poster and shot a little compressed air around the ball and it now works fine. Dust was probably the culprit.
    05-20-09 09:28 AM
    how do you put ur phone on standby?
    05-20-09 09:31 AM
    Try cleaning your trackball. Take a look at:

Hope this helps.
    Thanks very much! Your instructions made it easy to fix.
    12-16-09 08:54 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD