Yesterday my Curve 8300 all of a sudden froze. I got an SMS message and when I went to read it, while reading it my BB froze and didn't want to respond. I couldn't exit out from the message and go back to the main screen. None of the keys were responsive. Only option I had was to do a battery pull. So I did and then once the phone rebooted, everything was fine and normal.

What gives? Has anyone experienced this before? Is it normal? And is there a cure?

FYI, I've had the phone for some time now and this has never happened. Also, I'm currently using the 4.5 OS for vodafone, but my carrier is ATT. Just thought I'd add this info.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-25-09 12:40 PM
    Welcome to the world advanced phones, it just happens sometimes. After the battery pull all should be fine. Battery pullls are not uncommon now again.
    01-25-09 12:48 PM
    Thanx for the quick reply. I thought it wouldn't be a big deal. And thank god its not. Worst case scenario I was thinking that I might have had to go and get a new BB.

01-25-09 12:55 PM
    Raider's right. Sometimes s*** happens. Mine locks up once in a while downloading a big file.

01-25-09 12:59 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD