Hi, Guys tell me something. I am using an unlocked t-mobile BB 8320. Whenever i start/restart my bb, its give this t-mobile logo etc.

Can someone please tell me how to COMPLETELY wipe the BB and do everything fresh.

A step by step guide would be great. Thanks
    06-13-09 10:57 PM
    I'm pretty sure it'll keep doing that until you go to a different carrier.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-13-09 11:21 PM
    You can't without a specific and very dangerous piece of
    software when used incorrectly. The splash screen is hard
    coded to the phone. Unlocking it and using another carrier's SIM
    card will not change that.
    06-13-09 11:24 PM
    Thats debranding/unbranding your phone. I agree with AG on this one. It is very dangerous, if you mess up you've got a nice paperweight. If you are trying to wipe your phone to do a fresh install of an OS you can use jl_cmdr. But it wont remove the splash screen.
    06-14-09 06:18 AM
    I've personally debranded four 8320s with no problem whatsoever. If you search on google there are some very explicit instructions and they tell you what software you need to download. Basically you are bricking the phone then bringing it back to life. You are wiping all OEM data and reloading it with generic Blackberry data. The phones I debranded were both AT&T and T-Mobile USA and now all boot with the Blackberry logo. Check google and you will find out how to do it. Use the search terms "debrand blackberry 8300 series" or "debrand blackberry 8320". Good luck. If you do happen to irrepairably destroy your BB don't blame me. At the low level you get into the guts of the device to do this, there is always a chance it may die on you. But I have had very good luck with the methods found on the net.

Thats debranding/unbranding your phone. I agree with AG on this one. It is very dangerous, if you mess up you've got a nice paperweight. If you are trying to wipe your phone to do a fresh install of an OS you can use jl_cmdr. But it wont remove the splash screen.
    06-14-09 07:33 AM
    I'm not saying that its really hard to do. Just expressing the danger that is there. I,too have unbranded a few phones. Just dont do it anymore because it doesnt really bother me if I see a Tmo splash screen. I tossed out the jl_cmdr thing just in case the OP actually wiped the device before and thought they did it wrong.
    06-14-09 07:40 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD