Having just installed an 8 gig SDHC card, I added quite a few pics, videos, and mp3's. I started experiencing numerous freezes - sometimes at initial startup, and if not then, always soon after. It consistently happened when trying to access My Pictures folder - either it would freeze at the first screen or freeze while trying to load thumbnails.

If you are experiencing similar freezes with 4.5 and have a lot of pic files, realize.... sRGB, grayscale, whatever... it seems to like only basic jpegs. I've noticed a lot of people having problems with freezes - the common factors being OS 4.5, and use of media cards (presumably with some pic files).

I cleared the picture folder on my media card (using the card adapter directly to my PC) and then opened the pics I wanted in Pictureviewer - exported to the card as jpegs. A bit tedious, but given the amount of time lost trying other things to keep my BB from freezing, definitely worth it.

Most likely any photo editor would work, I used pictureviewer because I figure it would have the least bells and whistles for saving jpegs. My 8320 is completely stable now with the media card, and using a pic from the card as wallpaper - running OS 8.4.0.124.

Perhaps BB will figure out how to not be so finnicky concerning pics in the future.....
    02-19-09 09:54 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD