Um. My data is 100% free to me.

I have not been billed for PDA data on my Windows Mobile phone in over a year. Read on I think page 1 or 2 and I explain how I got free data..

yes, 100% free to me.
    You must be stealing it somehow as the rest of us honest folks have to pay for our data plan.

I'm not the only one thinking that too, see second post by sunkast:
    Never heard of such a thing. If you want to be able to access the internet, you should pay for the data plan.
    Last edited by jack55; 05-07-08 at 05:15 PM.
    05-07-08 05:07 PM
    I am not stealing it. I had a feature on my plan that was not compatible with my Windows Mobile phone at the time (basically SprintTV).. I called and complained and was told "This feature has been removed and we've added free data"

so I ask the lady, "free data on my next bill?" she goes "free data as long as you are a sprint customer"

So... yes.. I have 100% free data..
    05-07-08 05:19 PM
    I am not stealing it. I had a feature on my plan that was not compatible with my Windows Mobile phone at the time (basically SprintTV).. I called and complained and was told "This feature has been removed and we've added free data"

so I ask the lady, "free data on my next bill?" she goes "free data as long as you are a sprint customer"

So... yes.. I have 100% free data..
    Ok, I guess that is possible. Sorry for thinking otherwise.
    05-07-08 06:31 PM
    Wow, I think this whole thread breaks down to "Why do you have your blackberry in the first place?" For those of us using it as a business tool primarily, a data plan is essential so we have push email and such where ever we are. For those that are using it as a phone that can surf, wifi is fine I am sure. I myself can't imagine not having a data plan and having to look for wifi all the time. Just my $0.02.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-07-08 06:39 PM
    The 8320 isn't the only device that has WIFI.. all the 8X20's do.

In any event, I have an 8820, and not many things are designed to connect through WIFI.. Who wants to use a web IM?

the installed IM's are 100x better, you get notified in your message log, you get beeped/vibrated, you can actually browse the web and still be connected to your IM's..

By user's standards, the BB's dont require data. However good luck getting a carrier to add a BB onto your account without it.

As for anyone using Prepaid, I'm guessing the IMEI attached onto your account is the cheapo clamshell that you got when you got the pp?

Try calling in and updating your carrier with the Blackberry IMEI and they'll most likely require you to get BB data..

WIFI is not a 100% substitution for "FREE DATA".. it's a sub-par substitution at best which does not work for everyone.

If you get stuck on the side of the road and need to access data for some reason, maps, or whatever.. how do you plan on doing it?

Metro areas of chicago may have WIFI, but I highly doubt the subburbs are covered.

Most the web site I go to are, sorry to disappoint you.

Wrong again.

Don't have a carrier,can't you read???

No its an excellent sub. works fine for me and many others.

How about the pp sim??,or did you miss that.
    I guess in your haste to demonstrate your ignorance you didn't notice.

>Metro areas of chicago may have WIFI, but I highly doubt the subburbs are covered.

Think again, another uninformed senseless comment!

Brilliant!!
    05-07-08 07:04 PM
    Good for you Ant, there is time to step back and appraise the situation.

You and pashan are seeing it from two perspectives. Is it safe to guess the "17" is your age? As a student, you have a jewel of an device that costs you nearly nothing to own.

Pashan, however, tracks her billable hours. Is it safe to guess it is in the 3 figures range? As a professional, you have a jewel of a device that cost you peanuts to operate. Likely you can bill your clients for the data too.
    >Is it safe to guess the "17" is your age? NO, would be nice though!
    05-07-08 07:07 PM
    Wow, I think this whole thread breaks down to "Why do you have your blackberry in the first place?" For those of us using it as a business tool primarily, a data plan is essential so we have push email and such where ever we are. For those that are using it as a phone that can surf, wifi is fine I am sure. I myself can't imagine not having a data plan and having to look for wifi all the time. Just my $0.02.

In Chitown, looking is non-existent for me. Its everywhere.
    05-07-08 07:09 PM
    Most the web site I go to are, sorry to disappoint you.

Wrong again.

Don't have a carrier,can't you read???

No its an excellent sub. works fine for me and many others.

How about the pp sim??,or did you miss that.
    I guess in your haste to demonstrate your ignorance you didn't notice.

>Metro areas of chicago may have WIFI, but I highly doubt the subburbs are covered.

Think again, another uninformed senseless comment!

Brilliant!!
    Lol? I'm guessing you didn't read my ENTIRE post. I mentioned your pre-paid sim at least once.. I was referring to the fact that 99.9% of prepaid devices are crappy clamshell devices that come in a hard plastic you need to open with a knife.

Those usually dont come with data plans, it's entirely possible to pop that sim into a BB and use it as a phone and wifi for data. I guess with all your brilliance, you couldn't fit common sense in your brain..

In any event.. I bet without a doubt, that the pre-paid service you are using, the IMEI # is STILL that crappy clam shell. Call your pre-paid carrier and tell them you have a Blackberry and want to update the IMEI.. they WILL tell you that they cannot enter in that IMEI # into their system without a data plan.

Trust me.

PS. Who really cares about this topic lol? arguing on the internet is like the special olympics.. doesnt matter if you win or lose, you're still a ******.
    Last edited by sniffs; 05-07-08 at 08:56 PM.
    05-07-08 08:43 PM
    Lol? I'm guessing you didn't read my ENTIRE post. I mentioned your pre-paid sim at least once.. I was referring to the fact that 99.9% of prepaid devices are crappy clamshell devices that come in a hard plastic you need to open with a knife.

Those usually dont come with data plans, it's entirely possible to pop that sim into a BB and use it as a phone and wifi for data. I guess with all your brilliance, you couldn't fit common sense in your brain..

In any event.. I bet without a doubt, that the pre-paid service you are using, the IMEI # is STILL that crappy clam shell. Call your pre-paid carrier and tell them you have a Blackberry and want to update the IMEI.. they WILL tell you that they cannot enter in that IMEI # into their system without a data plan.

Trust me.
    I guess your brain is much smaller than I thought. he he

You demonstrate your ignorance to the world again. That was no clamshell. Get with it, are you really that dumb??

Don't use the sim for wifi, just voice call if and when I need it, which is not very often. The wifi is free, I know its a quantum leap for you, but true non-the-less.

Why would I want to call a non-existent carrier, are you brain dead???

You try to make a nonsensical argument out of your own idiocy. Kind of funny.

Good for a laugh, at you of course!

Sorry if my signature offends you, wasn't meant to be a trap.
    05-07-08 08:56 PM

This is so wrong it's not even funny.

I have At&t and a T-Mo 8320 (hows that for YOU'RE WRONG)...NO data...they have my IMEI and know its a BB and dont require me to have data.

My WiFi works fine...At&t unlike Verizon does not require you to have a data plan to have a BB...

So before you go around spreading your incorrect, ill-informed nonsense check it at the door.
    05-07-08 09:13 PM
    This is so wrong it's not even funny.

I have At&t and a T-Mo 8320 (hows that for YOU'RE WRONG)...NO data...they have my IMEI and know its a BB and dont require me to have data.

My WiFi works fine...At&t unlike Verizon does not require you to have a data plan to have a BB...

So before you go around spreading your incorrect, ill-informed nonsense check it at the door.
    Bravo!!! They (sniffs) seem to come out of the woodwork to demonstrate their lack of knowledge.
    05-07-08 09:15 PM
    >... NO, would be nice though!
    Really? When are you going to start acting like and adult?

There is no need for the juvenile sarcasm your pouring out. Most of us are real adults.

Where is the Ignore Button?
    05-07-08 09:22 PM
    Really? When are you going to start acting like and adult?

There is no need for the juvenile sarcasm your pouring out. Most of us are real adults.

Where is the Ignore Button?
    When you act sober, your name is appropriate. As kirk said no sign of intelligence, must of had you in mind.
    05-07-08 09:24 PM
    Wifi would be the only free internet you'd be getting.
    05-07-08 09:33 PM
    Yes, this is true.
    05-07-08 09:35 PM
    Man this is never gonna end hehe.

05-07-08 09:36 PM
66 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD