so the other night my drunk *** girlfriend wanted to take some pictures of her drunk *** friends...and seeing how my camera on my 8310 is much better then the camera on her razor - i let her use my phone to take pictures...and of course she managed to drop my phone onto pavement sending the battery, the battery door my precious bb scattering in different directions in the dark of a parkinglot.

after the initial shock and several scared appologies from my girlfriend, we found all the pices, with one exception... the trackball was missing (as well as the retaining ring)

aww ****..

we found both of those pices however but to my dismay, EVERY LAST prong was broken off of the retaining ring.

drat.

so i fumed about that for about 5 minutes and after getting my drunk girlfriend home and in bed i went to looking around on the net to see if there was any way to unscrew myself as the phone sucks without that trackball...

i could see that this was going to cost me money...

as a joke, the next day i went into my local AT&T store (yes i use at&t...dont judge me monkey) and plead ignorance and begged them if they had any spare parts laying around (half joking around actually)

to my suggrin... they said "yeah, we might have one of those.."

WHAT??!

turns out that they actually DID have an extra retaining ring (sans the broken prongs) and when they handed it to me i asked the next obvious question that would come to anyone's mind "how much do i owe you?"

here is the kicker... i was told "nothing."

FREAKIN A-MAZ-ING!

imagine a cell phone store giving out free parts to fix your phone...!??!?

i are boggled about this.
    12-17-08 10:03 AM
    Verizon does this too. Nothing new....

what a long story to mention that you need a new ball and ring at the store replaced it for free.....just sayin
    12-17-08 10:22 AM
    i was bored.

*shrug*
    12-17-08 10:33 AM
    Allow me to introduce you to a better place ...

http://forums.crackberry.com/f36/
    12-17-08 10:34 AM
    I enjoyed the story but you kept referring to your "girl friend". After an incident like that, I would expect her to be called your "ex-girl friend".
    12-17-08 10:37 AM
    ha...

yeah, i would have been mad if she meant to break it..

but come on...lets face it.. we have all (at one time or another) had a ******** hand just let go of a phone...

besides....its *just* a phone...

takes more then that to get me mad.
    12-17-08 10:39 AM
    This story wasn't completely off topic. Maybe better suited for the General Discussion though.
    12-17-08 10:39 AM
    Ha,

Always wondered what it would look like if I posted when i was drunk. well I see now.... lol
    12-17-08 10:41 AM
    no way jose...

sobber as a judge... here i been lurking around the forums for a long time....never saying anything but watching you all post...

just thought id share this story
    12-17-08 10:46 AM
    Glad you got your phone back. Man, your gf owes you big time.

The trackball assembly is atually very cheap and if the had a dead BlackBerry lying around then it is just a screwdriver job to prose it off the dead phone and then you just press it into yours. It only took them about 1 minute to do. Even so, it was pretty nice of them and saved your girlfriend's skin to boot.

I enjoyed the story because it was long enough to meke me read to the unknown end but then, I am a simple soul.
    12-17-08 10:47 AM
    That's a cool story.. How'd the pics come out? Lol.. JK

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-17-08 10:59 AM
    That was a touching story, almost brought a tear to my eye. Ya, where's the pics

12-17-08 11:05 AM
    It wasnt off topic, IMO, the OP was informing us that there are replacement parts at the local store, so what?

If ya didnt want to read the long story, you didnt have too. "just sayin"
    No seriously...post the pics...haha.
    That's a cool story.. How'd the pics come out? Lol.. JK

......blurry, immagine that... blurry pics

id post them but she's in the room right now and she dosent know im posting this about what happened...

ill post pics when she's not watching (took me a while to convice her i wasnt mad about it...)
    12-17-08 11:07 AM
    No seriously...post the pics...haha.
    Where the pics?
    12-17-08 11:09 AM
    It wasnt off topic, IMO, the OP was informing us that there are replacement parts at the local store, so what?

If ya didnt want to read the long story, you didnt have too. "just sayin"
    Amen sister, I'll ditto that..... "Ditto!"
    12-17-08 11:12 AM
    this is why my girlfriend does not get to touch my storm
    12-17-08 11:26 AM
    from left to right...

one blurry picture of jessica

one blurry picture of kev

one actually decent picture of what sort of looks like lesbians (but they arnt) and that was taken just before the fall

and one blurry picture of a very drunk girlfriend.

someday ill show her that if you wait for more then one millisecond after the flash to look at the picture... they wont come out blurry.

these are some of the highlights of the picture taking night.

Last edited by THE_BEANER; 12-18-08 at 12:33 AM.
    12-18-08 12:30 AM
    Ignore some of these rude people, Beaner. This forum has turned into a hate fest lately. Lol. Normally we are a much friendlier group You're right. It's just a phone and definitely not worth fighting about.

12-18-08 12:43 AM
    i aint fraid of no ghost!
    12-18-08 12:44 AM
    hahaha beaner.. u got me singing the ghostbuster song!! lol
    12-18-08 02:04 AM
    You've got to love the 80's. It was a great time to be alive.

12-18-08 02:09 AM
    Glad you at least saved the pics
    12-18-08 02:13 AM
    within the first week I had my curve my g/f and I were drinkin, and she picked up my phone and I ended up chasing her through our apartment and out the back door where she flung her arm away from me as I made a lunge for her hand. My phone went flying and landed on the pavement and got a lot of nice scratches on the bottom corners as well as the back. I was pissed for about 3 seconds, its just a phone after all!
    12-18-08 09:59 AM
29 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD