Drop a line or two to let everyone know why you made the switch, and how happy you are.

I made the switch because the iPhone was like having Steve Jobs telling you how you want use your device, no flexibility, truly lacking features that should have been there from the get go, keyboard sucks, Glass screen may be sturdy, but just as dirty, ringtones, always have to look at the screen to make, initiate, or decline a call.

The BlackBerry was the best decision I've made. But I'm in between platforms and will take a little acclimation
    02-19-08 02:13 PM
    Not a former owner but a former 'soon-to-be-iPhone-owner'. Since January '07 when the breakthrough device was announced I was getting the iPhone no matter what! When it FINALLY came to the UK in November, �270 +�35 a month was the only 'matter what' that was going to stop me. That and the fact that I could hardly use the keyboard (if you can call it that!). From there it was impossible for me to get the iPhone and I wasn't too happy, I thought I'd get used to the keyboard and money was the only problem.

Then I saw the light, I knew what a BlackBerry was and I knew a bit about them but I never thought it could live up to the iPhone (Steve Jobs' iPhone/Pearl comparison) but the 8820 seemed good for me. The display model in my local Vodafone shop REALLY put me off as the Vodafone theme was HORRIBLE to use! But I knew that that was Voda-only. When the only data plan I could get on the 8820 was utter rubbish I went for unlimited on an 8800, eliminating my need for WiFi.

Now I look back (or visit the Carphone Warehouse) and I'm REALLY glad that I got my Berry and not the iPhone...
    02-19-08 02:29 PM
    I had a curve then iphone and now I am back to the curve. The iphone is a geat multimedia phone (music and videos) and the web browser is the best I have ever used in a phone but I slowly used it less and less. My main reasons for switching back was jivetalk, real keyboard, push email, and battery life. I am so much more productive again with my curve!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-19-08 05:25 PM
    I got a iPhone for Xmas and was mildly pleased with it. I just couldnt get over the $400 price tag. I liked the keyboard since I have large hands and it did suite me better than the smaller buttons of the curve. Internet browsing is the best by far but a few things made me take it back....

-No MMS texting! For $400 I wanted to see the message leave my phone and fly through the air! I think people text more than talk and this was 90% of why I took my phone back.

-No multiple person texting. Again, another dropped ball by Apple. How could something so small get overlooked? Do I really need to re-send outs txts over and over again? I know they had an update and fixed this, but it was too late for me. 5% of why I didnt like my iPhone.

-Having to look at phone to answer/decline call. The days of reaching in your pocket and pressing the "smart" to decline the call were gone. Final straw and the iPhone was returned.

I decided to try out the BB Curve since ATT had a great deal on it and it was something ne (I'm a first time BB owner). I must say that battery life, phone call reception, and applications are a huge upgrade over the iPhone. I am pleased with my decision and will honor my BB as if it were my buddy!
    02-19-08 05:27 PM
    I had a curve then iphone and now I am back to the curve. The iphone is a geat multimedia phone (music and videos) and the web browser is the best I have ever used in a phone but I slowly used it less and less. My main reasons for switching back was jivetalk, real keyboard, push email, and battery life. I am so much more productive again with my curve!

Had the iPhone and switched to a Curve based on the same reasons above. Great toy but horrible for someone who is dependent on email. Touch screen typing sux.

I do miss the browser and big screen but not enough to go back.
    02-19-08 05:30 PM

I found my iPhone actually was a very isolating device. Sure people came up to touch it. But that was the extent of interaction. The iPhone forums are not hopping (because the way the iPhone is made there is nothing to hop about) I am married with 2 kids, when do I have time to sit and listen to music by myself, or watch a video by myself, and God forbid anyone want to use it.

I love my Curve so far. It's reputation is well deserved.
    02-19-08 06:28 PM
    Used an unlocked iPhone (to keep my TMobile carrier) for about a month. I was originally caught up in the "iphone - greatest invention of the year" hype. I guess that helped contribute to some of my eventual disappointment. There are some things that are really nice (e.g., additional display real estate, increased memory and ability to actually watch video). Also the features included on the iphone seem to be far more intuitive than my Blackberry 8320 Curve.

However, them more I used the iphone, the more it seemed to be a great mp3 player that could also make basic phone calls. It did not support voice dialing (a must for me as I'm driving). The way it handles email is also very cumbersome. It forces me to delete emails one by one. It does not support selection/deletion of multiple items....a major turn off. It also (surprisingly) did not support the ability to hide apps or create folders for app storage in order to clean up the display. It also seems like the Edge reception for Blackberry (at least in my area) is much stronger than the reception for the version of Edge that had to be loaded for my iphone.

At some point in time when Apple addresses these deficiencies, I'll probably consider giving the iphone another shot, but until then it's an overpriced toy without a lot of function.
    02-19-08 06:31 PM
    Is this kind of like rehab? "Hi, my name is Eric and I used to shoot iOS and snort Android. I've been clean and sober for six hours now, but I'm still a bit nervous about that iPhone 5 I have stashed away in a locked drawer at work and the Note 2 tucked away in a side pocket of my backpack. Can you help me and my 9900?" I'm jonesing for my new Q10...hopefully next week.

Maybe when it's not 4AM I'll come back and actually add some serious thoughts on the topic. Until then, if anyone is so inclined as to help me rebuild my BBM and wants to exchange info on making the switch to or back to BB, please hit me up at 2A3FC4FC. Night all!
    johnnyuk likes this.
    05-29-13 03:16 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD