i just wiped everything off my phone and my media card says it has to be formatted? "media card cannnot be read, verify that the memory card is formatted?
    10-27-08 02:19 AM
    If you are using your card it might be best to put the card in a reader and transfer everything to your pc first. Then with the card back in the BB gob to Options>Media Card>Menu>Format Card. If that works just transfer all your files back.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-27-08 02:25 AM
    it wont even let me format it..
    10-27-08 02:47 AM
    Check the sd card is seated correctly. Other than that I have to say I'm not sure. It might be that the card is just bad.

10-27-08 03:21 AM
    I have a question, when I got my new 8310, the sales rep said that when the new 4.5 came out my phone will be able to read up to 8GB, well I bought a 6GB and it only reads 1.6, now that the 4.5 came out will my phone be able to read all 6GB?
    10-27-08 09:45 AM
    Fidler 4.5 can handle a 8gb card , the rep was correct. Your BB will not update to 4.5 automatically , the user would choose to upgrade their OS if they wanted to. Best advice would normally be to get used to both your device and upgrade procedure before jumping. There is plently of information here on CB about upgrading your OS.

In relation to the SD card, you may find this thread interesting.

http://forums.crackberry.com/f2/micr...c-cards-46673/

10-27-08 01:27 PM
    it wont even let me format it..
    Happened to me too about 3 months ago when I upgraded to 4.5. It fried my media card. No computer could recognize the card (I tried 3 different computers), couldn't format it either through any sort of means.
    10-27-08 03:13 PM
    Happened to me too about 3 months ago when I upgraded to 4.5. It fried my media card. No computer could recognize the card (I tried 3 different computers), couldn't format it either through any sort of means.
    so what did you do?
    10-27-08 10:44 PM
    Sounds like your card is bad....I had a card that did the same thing.
    10-27-08 10:49 PM
    yeha i guess it was my memory card.. ill just grab a new one tmr thanks guys
    10-27-08 11:03 PM
    I bought an 8gb card for mine that was bad out of the package. It was doing the same thing. I just bought a new 8 gb card for 16.99 it arrived today and is working fine.
    10-28-08 02:18 AM
    yeha i guess it was my memory card.. ill just grab a new one tmr thanks guys
    Did you try formatting it on your computer instead of the BlackBerry ?
    10-28-08 02:47 AM
    I just received a new 8330 from the company I work for.
    I formatted the SDMicro card with my PC (Formatted as FAT).
    My BB keeps telling me to reformat the card. I did as a complete format and then again as a quick format. Nothing helps. I can see the audio files on the card and play them when the card is in the PC, but the BB doesn't like the card. I am using the latest software, having updated from the website.
    PLEASE HELP
    12-19-09 12:20 PM
    Options > Memory > Menu > Format Media Card
    fass likes this.
    12-19-09 12:38 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD