Hey guys

i have received a Vodafone Blackberry 8310 from my father in law, but he has forgotten the keypad lock password.
    If i enter a wrong code 10 times ive read it will delete all data , does that mean it deletes everything, or just the personnal data to him ?

Next if it does delete all the programs how can i reload them, as i have no cd or anything wth it ?

i plan to use it with 02 so im not worriesd about any of the vodafone stuff but im guessing i woudl have to 'unlock' it after gettign past this keypad lock ...

SOrry to ask on first post, but if anyone can help i know its you guys

thanks again.
    05-18-09 07:03 AM
    It just restoress the phone to factory settings, which may be a good thing for you to load what YOU want on there,
    05-18-09 07:15 AM
    It will delete all the personal data from him, restoring the phone to factory settings.

I don't know if this is true but I read somewhere on this site that even after you enter the incorrect password 10 times you will still need it after the wipe to get into the phone.
    05-18-09 07:33 AM
    After you enter it wrong ten times it wipes the device then makes you create a new password. No big deal if it not your data.
    05-18-09 08:06 AM
    It will delete all the personal data from him, restoring the phone to factory settings.

I don't know if this is true but I read somewhere on this site that even after you enter the incorrect password 10 times you will still need it after the wipe to get into the phone.
    That is correct. You will still need the password to install an new OS. BlackBerry takes device security very seriously.

05-18-09 11:06 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD