A friend of mine has forgot her password on her 8310. My only guess is a hard reset. I cant find the thread on how to do this. Can someone direct me to this or walk me through how i could fix this problem. Thanks in advance for any help.

Pensnut
    05-20-09 05:44 PM
    Pretty much out of luck. There is no way to recover the password, unless she is on BES.
    05-20-09 05:51 PM
    If you cannot get in the device, the way to reset the device is to type the password wrong 10 times, then the device will reset. I hope you have a recent backup to restore.
    05-20-09 06:54 PM
    Which password did she forget? Password keeper or the password for her actual BB? If it's just for password keeper then she'll "just" lose whatever passwords she had in there, but if it's the password she had for her BB, then unless she recently did a backup with DM, she's basically out of luck. I've only heard of inputting the wrong password 10 times & then it will wipe the device.
    05-20-09 07:52 PM
    i Just entered the password wrong 10 times. You are right, it reset the phone but i figured that had to be done. It was useless how it was so this is better. Thanks for all the help.

Pensnut
    05-20-09 08:10 PM
    The password may still be needed after the wipe. Blackberry takes device security very seriously.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-20-09 10:21 PM
    No, the password is reset but remembered so you can't re-use it.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Last edited by blackngray70; 05-21-09 at 02:22 AM.
    05-21-09 02:19 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD