Besides all the other smart phone capabilities, this Curve has the best signal strength of any phone I've ever used, and I've used a lot. In my office, which is very heavy-duty metal clad, it is usually close to impossible to get a signal. But this BB manages to pull it off. Not constantly, but pretty regularly. At least I'll get periodic phone calls, emails, and messages throughout the day. None of the other phones I've had would ever do that.

Anyone else notice that the *phone* capabilities are superior to other phones? It's amazing to me how RIM manages to make such an exceptionally smart device, and yet somehow make it superior even as a phone. I think to most of us, this is the still the most important function it serves.
    05-19-08 05:20 AM
    What else can I say. You say exactly the thruth about BB.
    05-19-08 05:26 AM
    *bows head* Amen!
    05-19-08 06:18 AM
    You wish to see signal strenth. Hold down the Alt key and press NMLL (lower or upper case). The bar graph for signal strentght will be replaced with a negative number. This is dBm (decibel meters). It will be a negative number since the GSM signal is quite weak.
    05-19-08 06:27 AM
    I've noticed the Curve is better than the Pearl, as far as signal strength. Well, as far as everything, actually!
    05-19-08 09:45 AM
    Much better than the Treo I came from. I am in an aircraft hangar. A big one.
    05-19-08 09:59 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD