Is it possible to display another language while reading English texts (email, internet, etc)?

It's because I talk with someone who speaks Korean, and they use Korean to type. I understand I will most likely not be able to respond in Korean, but to be able to read it and know what I'm going to say when I get to a desktop would be nice.

thanks
    04-11-08 01:51 AM
    Anyone?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-12-08 09:26 PM
    Does anyone know?
    04-12-08 09:28 PM
    I think that you will need to take this one the Blackberry (RIM). Most languages using the ISO Latin character set (English, French, etc.) can be displayed. My phone is set for English but I regularly receive emails in French. This is not a problem becausel both the languages are using the same character set.

When you use Korean you are using a different character set. If you phone is set to the English lanuage and uses the character set associated with English then it will not - I think - be able to display Korean character.

Now I am speaking from a PC character set standpoint here. BBs may (but I doubt it) do things completely differently.
    04-13-08 02:25 AM
    You may have more luck using Gmail on your BB. I don't know because I haven't tried, but it kinda makes sense.
    04-13-08 03:01 AM
    Yes you should be able to read it and respond, but you will need to add the language pack for this. If you have the 4.5 beta I know this supports Korean and Chinese. If you not fond of using the beta then try and find a firmware with far east asia support that might help ideally one from Singapore (no promises on the latter) but a firm guarantee on the first method.
    04-13-08 10:16 AM
    where do i get the beta? and whats the risk if i get the install the beta?
    04-22-08 07:45 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD