I've had my Curve about 2 months now, but I've noticed that when I pull the battery door off, some of the foam padding (located right above the battery compartment) has begun to disentegrate. Has anybody else had this happen? I don't think I'm pulling the door off any more often than average - several times a week just to increase available memory. Is this something that would be covered under warrenty? I'm with Sprint.
    07-28-08 06:07 AM
    to restart you can hold alt, rightshift, and press delete. (Think of it as a ctrl+alt+del on a pc). As for the foam its unlikely to be covered, since according to CS you don't need to pull the battery. If its not covered, you can check online for a replacement.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-28-08 06:14 AM
    ALT+R Shift+DEL is a soft reset. A battery pull is a hard reset. To do similar to a pull, do a double soft reset:

How do I reset my BlackBerry? - BlackBerryFAQ
    Last edited by tyroni; 07-28-08 at 06:26 AM.
    07-28-08 06:22 AM
    I've tried both the soft and hard resets, but whenever I do that, I get a media card error, requesting me to scan the card for errors. I can't fix that until I get home. Bummer when I want to listen to podcasts or share recent photos. Any idea why it's doing that? If I have to pull the card before doing the soft or hard reset, it sort of defeats the purpose of using ALT+R Shift+DEL.

I'm a little concerned about the deterioration of this foam, too. There could be other reasons to pull battery as well (accessing media card comes to mind). So CS wouldn't see this as warrenty possibility? I'm thinking I may take it by a local Sprint repair shop to have them look at it. I'm hoping they can fix the errors on the card, too. I'll update this thread after I check with them.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-28-08 08:40 AM
    i scratched some off with my nail one day trying to get my batt. out
    07-28-08 09:10 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD