I don't have an AUX port on my car radio, so I'm looking for an FM transmitter that works well with the Curve 8330. I just saw one for $40 somewhere and it seems like a pretty good deal. It has an option USB-to-4.0mm cable so you can charge the phone while it plays in the vehicle.

Do any of you have any recommendations? Is there any particular brand/model that people have been happy with? Or are there any I should avoid?

Thanks
    06-06-08 10:03 AM
    i actually just use a 3.5mm tape adaptor, it works perfect and near CD quality sound. Ive heard bad things about FM transmitters regarding quality
    06-06-08 10:25 AM
    My car doesn't have a tape player, unfortunately. It's either FM transmitter or nothing for me if I want to use my 8330 as a media player.
    06-06-08 10:49 AM
    Does your radio have a CD-Changer port on the back?
    06-06-08 10:56 AM
    Nope. This is a single-CD stock radio that came with the vehicle. It's too new to have a tape player, but too old to have any cool new features.
    06-06-08 10:58 AM
    Nope. This is a single-CD stock radio that came with the vehicle. It's too new to have a tape player, but too old to have any cool new features.

there are adaptors you can get for factory cd players too..but formfm transmitters i think u get what u pay for.
    06-06-08 11:00 AM
    My ex has one for her iPod that's pretty cool. It's a combination charger and transmitter. That one cost $90, which is what made me worry about the one I found for $40.
    06-06-08 11:07 AM
    you guys are correct about FM transmitters they are so-so. That's what I use with my Sansa and curve. I to have older cd players no aux inputs. They are staticy and the strong local radio stations bleed through even though it has about 12 preset stations. Its like listening to a bad radio station. Can't wait to upgrade my stereos with usb & aux inputs
    06-06-08 11:57 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD