Can someone please help me as I am ripping the hair outta my head with this issue:

I have an 8330/CDMA BlackBerry that has been flashed from Verizon to Metro PCS. Ive had it for about 3 months now with the internet, picture messaging and all that stuff everyone says flashed phones arent able to do working perfectly fine......until 2 days ago. My internet is NOT working anymore. I tried EVERYTHIng from rebooting it (battery pull), waiting it out, calling metro to see if there have been other people reporting this issue and nothing. It seems as though I'm the only one...

What should I do? PLEASE help, anyone!

Should I just take it in to a Metro store and have them try to connect it for me with their BB plan for $60 p/ month?

Should I just spend $280 and buy the new BB Bold they have available in their site and do things the right way?

Or should I keep insisting with my current 8330?

I Would be eternally grateful for anyone who can help me with insight on this awful and annoying issue.

Thanks alot!
    10-10-10 03:44 AM
    Call Metro.
    10-10-10 07:07 AM
    You're actually not the only one, mine just stopped working yesterday.. I know people have a solution, just waiting for a generous person.
    10-10-10 12:44 PM
    you're actually not the only one, mine just stopped working yesterday.. I know people have a solution, just waiting for a generous person.
    same here..
    I am having the same problem and kinda freaking out cos i know its gonn take me some sweat to get it back working
    10-10-10 03:21 PM
    Hi,
    i was googling on metroweb not working and came across this. here is my situation.

flashed Droid 2 on Metro PCS and in San Francisco, CA. i was having working internet, GPS, MMS and everything working on this flashed Droid 2 until Friday night, i was surprised to find internet not working on Saturday morning. Today (Sunday) i called up Metro PCS tech support to find the issue. the tech rep confirmed that internet was down and will not work going further on all flashed phones as they were upgrading to 4G and they will not guarantee or support any flashed phones beyond text and talk. So it could be very true that all flashed phones stopped working for internet. So there is no meaning of buying SMART phone and flash it for Metro PCS.

Does anyone have smart phone on Cricket / Boost network? what’s your feedback on speed and network. now, if internet does not work on my Droid 2, there is no reason why i should be on this network. i am thinking on moving to either Cricket / Boost.

regards,
    James
    10-10-10 11:20 PM
    We found our answer everyone.
    Since Metro is upgrading to 4G, all flashed smart-phones will be cut down to basic calling and texting.
    If you want a smart-phone on Metro, you should purchase their BB 8530.

You could also pay $35 on Virgin Mobile for an 8530 or $60 for an 8530 on Boost Mobile.
    But both VM and Boost use Sprint towers, so yeah.
    10-10-10 11:25 PM
    Im working on it anyways..
    I know a guy that already got some flashed blackberry phones back on the internet and mms, i should be getting the solution soon..
    so, final termination is a NO NO,
    It still works cos i seen one working today, just waiting for my fix to come in...HAHAH
    10-10-10 11:28 PM
    i have the same problem can someone give me some info on how to fix this!?
    10-10-10 11:55 PM
    i have the same problem can someone give me some info on how to fix this!?
    not available yet
    10-10-10 11:57 PM
    Yea well f*** it....Im gonna buy the Curve 8530 from the Metro website and get on my knees and crawl to them by giving in to the corporate world. Damn bastards...always trying to make more money out of us....were already broke enough that we all have Metro, and now u guys wanna mess with us like this??? Not cool corporate douchebags, not cool!
    10-11-10 03:38 AM
    We found our answer everyone.
    Since Metro is upgrading to 4G, all flashed smart-phones will be cut down to basic calling and texting.
    If you want a smart-phone on Metro, you should purchase their BB 8530.

You could also pay $35 on Virgin Mobile for an 8530 or $60 for an 8530 on Boost Mobile.
    But both VM and Boost use Sprint towers, so yeah.
    ^I am guessing s/he knows his stuff^
    10-11-10 04:55 AM
    Some features on your phone may stop working after Oct. 7th.,mms, and internet. Go to metropcs dot com/tradein and fine out if your phone is on the sku. So i have a blackberry storm flashed and until Oct. 8th. , worked perfect internet, mms, web, pic, on saturday no internet not mms. You will find out that the message on that site says metropcs is upgrading his network that is why they have a trade in program, but our flashed phones do not qualify for the trade in. And even if we change to Metro pcs phone now, later when 4g comes to our cities, they won't work on the 4g, only Samsumg Craft is designed to work on 4g. So I think there will be not solution, not a point to buy blackberry from metro if we won't get 4g. Its better to buy the cheapest phone from metro and just wait.
    Last edited by frg; 10-11-10 at 07:59 AM.
    10-11-10 07:09 AM
    Why is everyone on this topic, asking for money and things to 'fix' it?
    I wouldn't, it seems like a scam to me.

I would rather spend that money on purchasing a BB on Virgin Mobile with better service.
    10-11-10 06:37 PM
    Why is everyone on this topic, asking for money and things to 'fix' it?
    I wouldn't, it seems like a scam to me.

I would rather spend that money on purchasing a BB on Virgin Mobile with better service.
    Cos metro is on 4G now and alot is coming soon from metropcs....
    Its gonn be the best for its price soon..
    10-11-10 07:03 PM
    I would rather purchase a nice 4G device from Sprint.
    Because MetroPCS is labeled as a 'Low-Income' carrier.
    10-11-10 07:29 PM
    So...I hate to take a person's income away from them, but if anyone needs their MSL calculated, shoot me an email at metropcsfixxer at gmail.com. I will hook you up for free. I know I am really asking for it, but it took me 2 days to figure it out and I would like to help you all out, I have received a ton of help from reading this site and would like to pay it back.
    10-11-10 08:18 PM
    Ok i have a BB world edition, it had internet and mm, since Friday i cant get on the web or send pics!!!! if someone finds a solution please post it up here, help all of us that paid alot of money to get these smart phone back online!!!
    10-11-10 09:06 PM
    From http://forums.crackberry.com/f39/pos...uidelines-113/
    No Advertising Policy
    CrackBerry.com maintains a No Advertising policy in the forums. Individuals/Businesses may not make posts promoting the sale of their own or other competing stores Products (Accessories, Services, Software, Themes, etc.) or sales.

SPAM
    A message to spammers - we have NO TOLERANCE for SPAM. Post a spam message and your account and all associated posts will immediately be deleted. No second chances. You won't get away with Spamming CrackBerry.com, so don't bother wasting your time. This also includes spamming via Private Message within the forums PM system. No link abuse, traffic leaching, member leaching, advertising...
    Two members were banned last night for advertising and scamming. Another promptly jumped on the gravy train a few hours later and has just been banned.

Members are reminded to look carefully at all "services" for which payment is requested. If it is advertised in our forum threads there is a high probability it is a scam. CrackBerry staff try to remove these posts as soon as they are detected, but we can't be everywhere all the time.

We need your eyes. If you find spam or scam advertising in the forums, please report the post for moderator attention. http://forums.crackberry.com/f3/how-...um-spam-28343/
    10-12-10 07:25 AM
    If you have an Android phone, you can go to www<dot>whiterabbit<dot>org/android/ and put in your MEID and it will calculate your MSL for you. Once you have the MSL, you will need to figure out how to get it in your phone, the best way is to grab a copy of CDMA workshop. Go to the PPP tab and set this as the password, using your mobile number and mymetropcs.com like so: 1232341212<at>mymetropcs<dot>com as the username. If you can't figure it out, or can't afford a copy of CDMA workshop, I may be able to help if you can do a remote desktop sharing. I obviously can't do this for everyone, but will do it based on first come, first served basis. I paid for CDMA workshop because I love my HTC EVO and didn't want to have to buy another phone! I am in the central time zone (US), so keep that in mind when requesting time from me, I do need to sleep a bit!

Ok i have a BB world edition, it had internet and mm, since Friday i cant get on the web or send pics!!!! if someone finds a solution please post it up here, help all of us that paid alot of money to get these smart phone back online!!!
    10-12-10 05:49 PM
    I have a blackberry tour originally from verizon and since it was too expensive I cancelled and flashed it with Metro.. It worked for a couple days and then on Friday, if I'm not mistaken, the internet suddenly stopped working and I took it to the store and they said the network is upgrading to a 3G or a 4G network. What I'm worried about is that I keep hearing that once it is fully upgraded, these flashed phones won't work. Is this true? I really need a solution. I think we all do.
    10-12-10 09:35 PM
    I have a blackberry tour originally from verizon and since it was too expensive I cancelled and flashed it with Metro.. It worked for a couple days and then on Friday, if I'm not mistaken, the internet suddenly stopped working and I took it to the store and they said the network is upgrading to a 3G or a 4G network. What I'm worried about is that I keep hearing that once it is fully upgraded, these flashed phones won't work. Is this true? I really need a solution. I think we all do.
    They probably won't.
    You'll need to shell out more money, and get a MetroPCS branded 8530.
    10-12-10 09:45 PM
    Hi metropcsfixxer,
    Thank you for the great info. YES, thats exactly what i was looking for. I have "Moto Droid 2" flashed for Metro PCS. when loading CDMA workshop, it finds the phone and says connected to COM6. but unfortunatily everything in it is unknown and there is no PPP tab page. when accessing from QPST it says "no phone". is there any way to access this and configure it from phone?

i tried accessing the settings with ##778 and nothing happens. what could be wrong with my phone? i already lost half of my hair in last 2 days. please help.

thanks in advance.

Regards,
    James.
    10-13-10 12:06 AM
    first at all sorry for my english .I had the same problem with my flashed blackberry storm but i went to the store where flashed before and they fixed for free,now i have the internet and mms back, i asked to them, how did they fix it? and they told me they erase the browser of metro pcs and after that reload it again, I`m not sure if it`s true but you can try, the next steps are not mine but i found here the user who made this post is k3nob1, it has pictures to check every step

forums.crackberry.com/f86/blackberry-storm-9530-metropcs-179956/index23.html
    Last edited by marios22; 10-13-10 at 06:18 AM.
    10-13-10 05:52 AM
    hola a todos bueno pues yo tenia el mismo problema que los demas desde el viernes estaba sin internet en mi blackberry storm flasheado a metro pcs pero hoy fui a la tienda donde lo habia flasheado y me lo arreglaron gratis no se si ustedes puedan hacer lo mismo pero pues les pregunte como lo habia arreglado y me dijeron que borraron el browser de metropcs y que lo volvieron a cargar y que eso era todo lo que le habian echo bueno pues aqui en crackberry me encontre un post de como remover el browser y ponerlo de nuevo el usuario que lo hizo se llama k3nob1 y trae fotos explicando los pasos abajo les dejo el link

forums.crackberry.com/f86/blackberry-storm-9530-metropcs-179956/index23.html

espero les sirva
    10-13-10 06:27 AM
    You're actually not the only one, mine just stopped working yesterday.. I know people have a solution, just waiting for a generous person.
    Ok So did happen to all flashed phones, metro now requires a valid metropcs msl as a password, a good way to change the settings ,is with a qtsp program, to change the password from metropcs to your msl,, you can generate a valid metro msl using your flashed phone esn number, and using a metro msl generator, try it i got my htc evo working again after the sunday web fiasco
    10-13-10 06:46 PM
51 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD