On some of my older phones I was able to use the flash of the camera as a flashlight when needed, is this possible with the curve?
    07-14-07 10:27 AM
    No, that does not work. But, what about BlackBerry Backlight Utility
    07-14-07 01:55 PM
    07-14-07 04:14 PM
    Bummer... I'm not paying 5 bucks to use something like that. and the backlight doesn't help in the least.

No one else used/uses this feature on old cells? I loved it, it got to the point where it took me .5 seconds to whip out my phone and turn the "flashlight" on when needed.
    07-15-07 01:18 AM
    I know this doesn't use the flash as requested but since most of the available programs just use your backlight, I have changed my screen brightness to 100 and my backlight timer to 1 minute. When I need extra light I go to my options screen since it is a primarily bright white screen and it is usually just what I need. Hope this helps.
    12-10-07 12:37 AM
    I find this extremely ironic. I haven't been to this site in months... in fact, since I made this thread. I come back today and see my thread on the front page of the 8300 forum?! lol

Anyways... thanks for the input Aug!
    12-10-07 03:02 AM
    I don't know if I read it here or not, but just go to your video camera and turn on the flash and then exit. Now everytime you bring up your video camera, the flash turns on. You can assign one of your hotkeys to open the video camera and then that will be your light button.
    12-10-07 09:24 AM
    no video on curve...
    12-10-07 03:13 PM
    12-10-07 08:24 PM
    Hey all!

I've got a free MIDlet you can download that works as a great flashlight!
    It also has colors to give you "colored" light!

Go To davidramsey03.com on your mobile browser to download
    and install OTA!

It's free and it works!!!!
    05-20-08 01:51 PM
    no video on curve...
    Incorrect, the 8330 has video capabilities, and OS 4.5 brings the video ability.
    05-20-08 02:13 PM
    Incorrect, the 8330 has video capabilities, and OS 4.5 brings the video ability.
    The previous post was not incorrect. Just old. The Verizon Curve was just a twinkle in RIM's eye when that post was written.

I can't believe this app still doesn't exist, though. Just another example of how Blackberry is the redheaded stepchild to developers.

Thanks Dsump for the tip. That'll work 'til we get a proper app for this.
    06-07-08 11:53 AM
    I use the video light

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-07-08 12:18 PM
    I have the pearl, but I use my main screen as my flashlight and works great.

06-07-08 12:35 PM
    turn on camcorder and turn on flash...same thing as flashlight..why pay extra?
    09-13-08 12:19 PM
    Hey all!

I've got a free MIDlet you can download that works as a great flashlight!
    It also has colors to give you "colored" light!

Go To davidramsey03.com on your mobile browser to download
    and install OTA!

It's free and it works!!!!
    This is great thanks a bunch.

09-13-08 01:37 PM
    If you look in this week's "Roundup" on the main page, under the "Free Apps" section there is a new flashlight app that is free!
    09-13-08 01:38 PM
    Eh screw it, I'll just give ya the link!
    http://www.blackberryforums.com/afte...ml#post1092844
    09-13-08 01:40 PM
    Don't know why I didn't think of this! Guess because I never use the video camera, but thanks for the great idea. So much better than using the backlight of the screen. Ive set it to my right convenience key for faster access as well.
    09-13-08 04:57 PM
    Don't know why I didn't think of this! Guess because I never use the video camera, but thanks for the great idea. So much better than using the backlight of the screen. Ive set it to my right convenience key for faster access as well.
    i still wish we could use the volume keys as convenience keys...left one is set to gmail app, and right one is to jivetalk...no more left for me to set for camcorder!
    09-13-08 05:31 PM
    I just turn on the camcorder my flash is on auto so when it comes on i just keep scrolling the trackball so the flash won't go off

09-13-08 05:59 PM
    I don't know if I read it here or not, but just go to your video camera and turn on the flash and then exit. Now everytime you bring up your video camera, the flash turns on. You can assign one of your hotkeys to open the video camera and then that will be your light button.

How do I assign a hot key to open an app?? That would be awesome.

I use thw two convenience keys but would love to use the speed dials or even alt+key to open others.

You've given me hope that this is possible now!

Thanks
    Last edited by techphets; 04-10-09 at 09:08 AM.
    04-10-09 09:06 AM
    That's what I do. Hit the spacebar and your light will come on.
    04-10-09 09:41 AM
    That's what I do. Hit the spacebar and your light will come on.
    How do you configure that (the spacebar) ?
    Last edited by techphets; 04-10-09 at 02:02 PM.
    04-10-09 01:18 PM
    Do what I do and just go to video camera and keep it on and do whatever it is you have to do. Record and delete if your gnna put it down. Cheap and simple

04-10-09 01:20 PM
39 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD