I have a couple of hundred songs (mp3) on my flash drive as well as some ring tones.. I could use that to download those songs and ringtones to my sdhc couldn't ?
    01-28-09 02:45 PM
    Yes, drag and drop from your flash drive to the Blackberry/Music folder when your BB is in Mass Storage Mode.
    01-28-09 02:49 PM
    Yes, drag and drop from your flash drive to the Blackberry/Music folder when your BB is in Mass Storage Mode.
    I have to open DM for that too? I think yes.
    01-28-09 03:26 PM
    I have to open DM for that too? I think yes.
    No, Got to Options > Media Card. Mass Storage Mode Support = On; Auto Enable Mass Storage Mode ... = Prompt. Save.

Plug in your BB and you will get a pop-up window asking if you want Mass Storage Enabled, choose Yes.

You can now "see" the BB as an external drive on your computer.

Drag and drop the music files from your flash drive to Blackberry/Music folder.
    01-28-09 03:35 PM
    Although sometimes when you have MSM enabled and connect your BB it might not let you open the BB like a thumb drive, all you have to do is open the Media Manager through the DM and it will shake it loose to access the BB like a flash drive, after you open the MM you can close it once the BB shows up properly, it should show up as Blackberry. If you see removable disk and/or click on the drive that suppose to be the BB and save please insert disk, open the MM through the DM and it should work like you want it to.
    01-28-09 03:40 PM
    Although sometimes when you have MSM enabled and connect your BB it might not let you open the BB like a thumb drive, all you have to do is open the Media Manager through the DM and it will shake it loose to access the BB like a flash drive, after you open the MM you can close it once the BB shows up properly, it should show up as Blackberry. If you see removable disk and/or click on the drive that suppose to be the BB and save please insert disk, open the MM through the DM and it should work like you want it to.
    Several here said "ditch" the media manager so I'm going to dl DM 4.6 ONLY.
    01-28-09 03:43 PM
    No, Got to Options > Media Card. Mass Storage Mode Support = On; Auto Enable Mass Storage Mode ... = Prompt. Save.

Plug in your BB and you will get a pop-up window asking if you want Mass Storage Enabled, choose Yes.

Cool, got it.
    01-28-09 03:44 PM
    Several here said "ditch" the media manager so I'm going to dl DM 4.6 ONLY.
    Yes do that, but what Ghostshell is trying to explain is if you plug your BB into the computer and the BB isn't detected as an external drive, then you can sometimes start up DM and have DM detect the phone. Then close DM, and drag and drop to the media card on the BB using Mass Storage Mode.
    01-28-09 03:46 PM

From there I could assign those songs or ringtones to people in my BB right?
    01-28-09 03:52 PM
    that is correct, just go to the song on your BB and press menu, set to ringtone or whatever or via address book for specific tones per contact
    01-28-09 04:09 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD