This is an update to my original thread regarding a strange message showing on my phone. It was a battery icon with a red line through it. I searched and found a number of people with the same message but no one with a real resolution, which is why I'm creating this thread.

I took my phone to ATT, hoping this issue was caused by the battery, alas it was not. I ended up getting new phone, but I was hoping I could still remedy this issue to get my contacts back. I found a thread where someone reported dropping their phone fixed the issue. I had a new phone, figured out I could use my last back up to reload my contacts, so why not give it a try.

It worked! I spoke to countless technicians from ATT and RIM, with no one that even knew what I was talking about. I had tried to reinstall the OS when phone first freaked out but since it wouldn't power on it didn't load anything. I now have this error:

So I'm headed home to reinstall the software and that should take care of the issue! I have removed the battery multiple times to ensure this was not just a fluke.

Once I get home and reinstall the contacts, I'll update this. But I wanted to put it out there for anyone with the same issue.

UPDATE: I had to use the applications loader and sure enough, the phone powered right back up. I used my most recent back up and it's as good as new. I'm just going to copy my old contacts to the SIM and then to the new phone.

I hope this helps anyone with the same issue.
    Last edited by MrsTransparent; 04-29-09 at 08:24 PM.
    04-27-09 10:17 AM
    As it happens, an old timer in the electronics hardware field shared that with me. At the time, the common battery technology for portable computers was NICAD.

If the battery failing, the physical shock of impact will, sometimes, reactivate it. I have done it on occasion since, it has never actualy worked.

You should be good to go now, Applications Loader should recognize it now.
    04-27-09 12:45 PM
    Hi,

Pls help me. I bought 2 bberry unlocked curve 8900 from Ebay (website) and these devices doesn't turn on so far. I tried to charge the battery during 24 hours thru USB Cable as well as directly to the Power but without success and note also that appear an icon with battery cross red line in both bberry when plugged to the power.

Please, let me kown how to do, pls.

Thank you beforehand.
    12-07-10 07:53 PM
    Ok all this talk on how it was fixed, someone dropped on the floor, and it was fixed. That was done by accident. The problem is with the phone not the battery. Don't buy a new battery, or let the carrier tell U you need a new phone. What that display is telling U is that the phone doesn't see a battery, or the wrong battery is in the phone. Take the battery out, get a small flat blade jewelers screwdriver and very carefully scrape the battery contacts on the phone. Put the battery in and I bet U it will work.
    08-02-11 03:12 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD