I'll be honest here. I'm trying my hardest to like the storm just because its got a lot of "sweetness" to it...not to mention all the hype. But I just got this thing today and wanted to share the first impressions...and I mean FIRST!

1.) This thing is as heavy as a brick! It even weighted my jacket pocket down enough to be able to see that something heavy was in there.

2.) I want my REAL full qwerty keyboard back!
    I really miss being able to just type the persons name, from the home screen, of whom I want to call and it automatically coming up. Plus I think I was getting to where I could compete with myself speed-wise on a full computer keyboard.

3.) It's incredibly slow speed reminds me of the good ole days when speed didn't matter. And yes, it has the latest firmware on it so calm down you storm lovers. (Even as I'm typing now...I was just messing with the storm and the accelerometer got all hung up in one position) It has gotten hung up all day long with me just messing with it and I haven't even loaded any 3rd party apps yet!

4.) Chincy push Screen
    At first I thought the screen was fine, but then I put 2 fingers on it and shook the screen around and it has a ton of play in all directions. I know this is necessary for the "push screen" concept but all I'm saying is first impression....chincy screen!

I'm not even gonna go on. That fact that I can't even get this thing in my pocket, type on it, or do anything quickly pretty much helps me make up my mind. At this point I'm going to be using my Verizon 30 day return policy to get my Curve 8330 back. Don't get me wrong here, I know I've said a lot of negatives. The OS on the storm is great, just slow. But in comparison, I think the Curve is the most PRACTICAL and efficient device that I have ever used. Isn't that what Blackberry is all about? Practicality and efficiency. What were they thinking with thing? You can't even get the cursor where you want it accurately in the middle of a word or sentence. Maybe if it had a trackball and a real qwerty. I'm a DIEHARD blackberry fan, but this was disappointing.
    01-29-09 09:38 PM
    you will be back. i had the storm for 3 weeks, went through 3 of them! Just cannot stand the crashes, freezes, verizon sign of death, and some other glitches

stupid sht they should have fixed immediately, is taking months. EFF them, im out.
    01-29-09 09:55 PM
    I did the inverse. The Storm was my first BB. I had two busted units off the bat with deffective screens within 3 days. The OS on the Storm seems worlds ahead of the Curve however I had extreme lag no matter what OS I had on it and random overnight errors and reboots. That coupled with it freezing while typing long messages was too much for me. I miss the flash of the storm but the Curve had been rock solid so far.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-29-09 11:14 PM
    Lol.. I had the storm for 3 days and returned it, and went back to ATt and my curve..
    01-29-09 11:15 PM
    I had a choice between a new contract and a new storm or a used 8330 with no contract extension. After reading up and playing with the in store model, I finally choose the Curve. BTW this is my first blackberry and Ive only had for 2 days but I'm in love
    01-30-09 12:13 AM
    I did the inverse. The Storm was my first BB. I had two busted units off the bat with deffective screens within 3 days. The OS on the Storm seems worlds ahead of the Curve however I had extreme lag no matter what OS I had on it and random overnight errors and reboots. That coupled with it freezing while typing long messages was too much for me. I miss the flash of the storm but the Curve had been rock solid so far.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    ditto

10char
    01-30-09 12:16 AM
    I had a choice between a new contract and a new storm or a used 8330 with no contract extension. After reading up and playing with the in store model, I finally choose the Curve. BTW this is my first blackberry and Ive only had for 2 days but I'm in love
    Welcome to Crackberry. This is the place to learn and to get help 24/7.

01-30-09 12:34 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD