I have seen a lot of threads about a new firmware upgrade for the Curve 8330, or maybe all BB I dont know. When will the final version be available not beta? Or is beta ok to use?
    09-11-08 02:12 PM
    I have seen a lot of threads about a new firmware upgrade for the Curve 8330, or maybe all BB I dont know. When will the final version be available not beta? Or is beta ok to use?
    If you use a beta, just use at your own risk because you will more and likely not get any tech support from your carrier. Also, nobody knows when Verizon is going to release their final 4.5 OS.
    09-11-08 02:15 PM
    Oh, so the upgrade does not come from RIMM but from Verizon since that is my carrier?
    09-11-08 02:26 PM
    It comes from RIM, but Verizon doesn't support it yet nor officially have a release....

If you call with problems they will not be able to help you. the techs or support staff will not know anything about it, atleast not yet....
    09-11-08 02:32 PM
    Gotcha, I am not going to do it until the final version comes out in case I screw something up. I thought I read somewhere that RIMM did the upgrade to the BIS server or something and the phone upgrades were coming out in September. I am new to this stuff.
    09-11-08 02:36 PM
    It comes from RIM, but Verizon doesn't support it yet nor officially have a release....

If you call with problems they will not be able to help you. the techs or support staff will not know anything about it, atleast not yet....
    Some reps might know a little something about the 4.5OS
    09-11-08 02:56 PM
    Some but not many...... Odd's of getting one are slim, atleast around my area...
    09-11-08 03:02 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD