well i haven't been on a BES in over a year(with a totally different phone) but i'm getting an IT-policy error related to an app i've tried to run, in security setting it says ***no services*** but under that is "Secure GC Enabled" any one have a clue about this? (content protection and memory cleaning are turned off)
    Last edited by Chaser1337; 11-03-08 at 04:06 PM.
    11-03-08 04:04 PM
    Secure GC Enabled is killing what you're trying to do. You have to turn it off.
    11-03-08 04:15 PM
    Secure GC Enabled is killing what you're trying to do. You have to turn it off.
    What is Secure GC and how do i turn it off..........i've never heard of this.
    11-03-08 04:43 PM
    What site are you going to specifically? If you have no security enabled, you should be fine. Secure GC may not be part of it, as if the website has Flash on it, the BB cannot display that.

You can also try this:

options >security options> general settings> scroll down to Content protection then hit the menu key select change option this should then give you the option to disable it

Also, make sure memory cleaning is disabled.
    11-03-08 04:46 PM
    What site are you going to specifically? If you have no security enabled, you should be fine. Secure GC may not be part of it, as if the website has Flash on it, the BB cannot display that.

You can also try this:

options >security options> general settings> scroll down to Content protection then hit the menu key select change option this should then give you the option to disable it

Also, make sure memory cleaning is disabled.
    this is an application trying to access the web, I've already disabled content protection, and memory cleaning....and a battery pull, so thats not the problem.

app is Berrytunes.com
    Last edited by Chaser1337; 11-03-08 at 04:52 PM. Reason: to add app
    11-03-08 04:51 PM
    I too have the same issue.

Under my General Settings in Security I'm showing 'Secure GC Enabled'
    Content Protection is switched off
    Under Services it says 'no services'
    Memory Cleaning is switched off
    I can't turn the Firewall off as it gives no option to do this

This issue is preventing me from...
    FlipSide from accessing my Last FM account
    Flycast can't sign up

I just keep getting...
    "The application *** has attempted to open a connection to a location inside the firewall and outside the firewall which is not allowed by your IT policy."

I have also just used the wipe function on JL Cmder to see if that would work and it still comes up with the message. Can anyone help?
    11-08-08 11:03 AM
    Update...

Update...

No idea whether this will help. I just deleted e-mobile today then did a factory reset on my handset and can you believe it?? Secure GC Enabled has now disappeared!!!
    I can now switch my Firewall on and off again too! And the icing on the cake is that akk oreviously misbehaving apps are now working. Happy berry again (despite having a bold that won't stream youtube but that's another matter ;-))

Maybe this will solve your issue too??
    11-08-08 12:00 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD