After waiting for what seemed like the right time, today I finally upgraded my BES Verizon BlackBerry Curve from 4.3 to 4.5. I first uninstalled DM 4.7 and reinstalled DM 4.6 since many reported problems with 4.7. Our IT department hasn't upgraded any of our devices, so they were cheering me on but not really supporting the upgrade either.

I'm happy to say the whole installation went flawlessly and so far no apparent gremlins. I was a little concerned with the length of time required for Enterprise Reactivation (about 20 minutes) after everything else was done, but it was fine. The whole process including that took about 75 minutes.

I have the Empower apps (BES Mailbox and HTML viewer). They both recognized the new OS and appropriately took me to the website and downloaded the new versions for OS 4.5. PeekAWho got a little picky and I had to reactivate but it's fine too.

And Docs to Go - wow! I immediately purchased the premium version and downloaded PDF to Go. I'm gonna love this! Finally, the only thing I missed about my Treo is missed no longer! I do wish it had a file manager like e-Office but I love it otherwise. Very intuitive.

Anyway, happy camper so far.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Last edited by jbeachy; 02-25-09 at 06:40 PM.
    02-25-09 06:33 PM
    Glad it worked out for you.
    02-25-09 08:42 PM
    do any one know is a new OS will be coming out
    02-25-09 09:00 PM
    After waiting for what seemed like the right time, today I finally upgraded my BES Verizon BlackBerry Curve. from 4.3 to 4.5. I first uninstalled DM 4.7 and reinstalled DM 4.6 since many reported problems with 4.7. Our IT department hasn't upgraded any of our devices, so they were cheering me on but not really supporting the upgrade either.

I'm happy to say the whole installation went flawlessly and so far no apparent gremlins. I was a little concerned with the length of time required for Enterprise Reactivation (about 20 minutes) after everything else was done, but it was fine. The whole process including that took about 75 minutes.

I have the Empower apps (BES Mailbox and HTML viewer). They both recognized the new OS and appropriately took me to the website and downloaded the new versions for OS 4.5. PeekAWho got a little picky and I had to reactivate but it's fine too.

And Docs to Go - wow! I immediately purchased the premium version and downloaded PDF to Go. I'm gonna love this! Finally, the only thing I missed about my Treo is missed no longer! I do wish it had a file manager like e-Office but I love it otherwise. Very intuitive.

Anyway, happy camper so far.

Free file managers:
    Ziplorer - I use this one, no link handy...

Spotted this post looks good too:

http://forums.crackberry.com/f35/bbfilescout-new-developed-application-100-free-166590/

02-26-09 01:04 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD