K so after a bunch of wanting to throw my BB out the window cause it wouldn't upgrade to the official OS 4.5 I realised my laptop was the issue not my BB and switched to my desktop. I now have 4.5!

Three things:

1) I don't appear to be receiving HTML email. Now this isn't a deal breaker for me but I still want it. How do I activate it? I've searched the forums but I can't seem to find where I read about it before...

2) I used to use the stock BB lime green background that came with my curve. I'm one of those ppl who picks a theme and a bg and sticks with it- not a fan of change. The new OS didn't come with any preloaded bgs, infact it took mine away! Is there anywhere I can get it back?

3)I lost all my student docket information...I did a 3rd party app backup a few days ago...can I restore JUST studentdocket?
    Thanks in advance!
    Last edited by Navan; 09-27-08 at 04:02 PM.
    09-27-08 03:55 PM
    2) I used to use the stock BB lime green background that came with my curve. I'm one of those ppl who picks a theme and a bg and sticks with it- not a fan of change. The new OS didn't come with any preloaded bgs, infact it took mine away! Is there anywhere I can get it back?

Thanks in advance!
    Have a look at this for your wallpaper. Is this what you were after?

Lime Green | CrackBerry.com
    09-27-08 03:59 PM
    NOt sure about number 2, But do a register now to resend service books. to the device. Options>advanced options>host routing table>menu button>register now
    09-27-08 04:00 PM
    Have a look at this for your wallpaper. Is this what you were after?

Lime Green | CrackBerry.com
    Thanks for the effort but no...it was the stock pre-loaded flying Bs on a nice green bg....I'll look for it!

Any ideas on studentdocket guys? I REALLY don't wanna hafta re-input it all!
    09-27-08 04:05 PM
    If studentdocket is a third party application, this will need to be reloaded. I hope it is compatable with 4.5
    09-27-08 04:15 PM
    oh it's there and it's loaded and all is well...it's just all the info I had put into it is gone...
    09-27-08 04:19 PM
    You can restore on 4.5 with a back up from pre-4.5 I did it for all my contacts, calendar events, and settings.

Also with your HTML there is a menu under options S/MM or something like that. Go there and enable your HTML's permissions.

Then in a new HTML email hit menu and "get images"

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-27-08 04:22 PM
    You can restore on 4.5 with a back up from pre-4.5 I did it for all my contacts, calendar events, and settings.

Also with your HTML there is a menu under options S/MM or something like that. Go there and enable your HTML's permissions.

Then in a new HTML email hit menu and "get images"

I can't find the option you're describing.

Oh and I found my wallpaper!
    09-27-08 04:41 PM
    I can't find the option you're describing.

Oh and I found my wallpaper!
    Sorry.

Go into your email inbox
    Hit menu- options

S/MIME is under there

That's where the HTML settings are

09-27-08 05:01 PM
    i see nothing HTML related in there
    09-27-08 05:11 PM
    After an upgrade you should register and send service books. Two different things.
    To send service books: click your manage internet email (envelope with a gear in front of it), click service books, click send service books.
    To register your device: click options, click advanced options, click host routing table, press your menu key, click register now. Exit.

09-27-08 05:25 PM
    Sorry.

Go into your email inbox
    Hit menu- options

S/MIME is under there

That's where the HTML settings are

S/MIME only shows up if you are on BES..

First, service books -- Find the 'Email Settings' icon on your home screen.. Log in to BIS and choose option for 'Service Books'
    Second - in messages, choose 'Options', then 'Email Settings' - should be two options, 'Enable HTML Email' and 'Download Images Automatically'

Note that emails previously on the device wont show as HTML - it only applies to new emails.
    09-27-08 05:25 PM
    All I have is Confirm Delivery, Confirm Read, Send Read Receipts...I've sent and registered my service books but I'll do it again!

Was there an option I had to click on while loading the OS?

*Edit* they're there now! Awesome possum!

And in the end I just re-entered my studentdocket stuff
    Last edited by Navan; 09-27-08 at 06:40 PM.
    09-27-08 06:24 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD