Hey there...

Been lurking around here for a while...

Finally got my 8320 and unlocked it to use with At&t....

Works fine...the Wi-Fi is up and running at my house and work and it seems pretty fast...

Just a couple of newb questions:

(1) I didnt get the software CD with the phone (to sync with computer) what version is best/ or should I use with the 8320?

(2) I know the capitlized EDGE means BB data is up and running (I do not have a data plan yet and actually have pay-per use internet turned off. Even though I heard you cannot even connect to BB data without a plan, but anyway.....what does the little 'edge' mean?

Other than that,,,anyone who has been contemplating an unlocked 8320 with At&t...it works! Wifi and all...and Im getting gmail with iGoogle fine...

Eric
    02-11-08 05:27 PM
    Well welcome to BlackBerry.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-11-08 05:49 PM
    Edge in all lower case means that you are in an enhanced service area where you could receive data service but you do not have a data plan or there is a problem with the signal.

You should be able to download the software either here from the at&t web site or on blackberry's web site.
    02-11-08 06:06 PM
    hey thanks a lot guys...

wow this BB is insane.....def can see how they become like crrrraaacckkkkk
    02-11-08 06:29 PM
    Would version 4.3 be good to use?
    02-11-08 06:30 PM
    Welcome to CB and BB world.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-11-08 06:58 PM
    Would version 4.3 be good to use?
    I use 4.3 DM with my 8310 with no problems although some have reported having problems; and some haven't
    02-12-08 09:43 AM
    The following link should take you to the current version of the Desktop Software, 4.3

https://www.blackberry.com/Downloads...ITrGogWMfuKA**

That should do you just fine. If you are installing on Windows Vista make sure you right click on the file and choose "Run as Administrator" or you will have problems.
    02-12-08 09:57 AM
    Hi & Welcome to CB!!!!
    02-12-08 11:44 AM
    I feel bad for you having a Wifi curve on at$t and everything, considering it still uses your minutes on your plan and is way more expensive, why didn't you go the tmo route?
    02-12-08 05:53 PM
    I feel bad for you having a Wifi curve on at$t and everything, considering it still uses your minutes on your plan and is way more expensive, why didn't you go the tmo route?
    (1) WiFi usage over UMA still uses mintues unless you add the $10/month plan (as far as I know)....but yes At&t does need to get UMA fast!

(2) At&t IS a little more expensive, but I do not have a data plan as of yet (really just use the WiFi here and there)...plus, I didnt pay for the 8320.

(3) Had At&t for a long time, actually signed up with them when they still Cingular. So I wouldnt be able to swtich without a cancelation charge right now. I do get a 20% discount on At&t as well...not sure if that would transfer over to T-Mo. Believe it or not, I left Verizon to get Cingular at the time, because Verizon was really bad where I live (eastern Long Island, NY). At&t is a little better, but I can't imagine T-Mobile being any better and I dont think I would waant to swtich to them...

Er
    02-12-08 06:03 PM
    Thank you for all the welcomes...!!

This site as well as my BB arrrre addictive..
    02-12-08 06:04 PM
    HI THERE
    MAYBE YOU CAN HELP ME OUT
    I AM WITH ATT AND I HAVE THE 8310 AND I WAS LOOKING FOR THE 8320 AND I DID NOT KNOW ATT HAS THEM
    I WAS WONDERING HOW CAN I GET ONE AND THEN UNLOCK IT
    THANKS
    CHRIS
    02-12-08 11:21 PM
    First off, please don't type in caps and use some punctuation. You can find an unlocked 8320 on ebay or craigslist.
    02-12-08 11:26 PM
    I am sorry> I am new to this> I wanted to know will this create video and send videos and watch videos on the internet>
    I need this for my embroidery business for the military>
    Thank you and sorry for the caps
    Chris
    02-12-08 11:33 PM
    The Curves cannot capture video, yet. It is a new feature to be rumored for the 4.5 OS release.

As for sending videos, yes, but they have to be saved on the device, as far as I know.

As for watching videos on the internet, I am not sure. The EDGE network, in my opinion, is too slow for decent video streams. When the 3G Blackberries come out, then I will worry about things like you tube and such.
    02-13-08 12:03 AM
    blueapple.mobi website is awesome for youtube videos, takes me about a minute to fully load a 2-3 minute video, although it is pretty small it gets the job done for an edge network device. i highly recommend it
    02-13-08 03:00 AM
    At&t does not have the 8320, you have to get a T-Mobile one and unlock it.
    02-13-08 09:36 AM
    Sorry if this has been answered already (I didn't see it), but when I was using an unlocked 8320 on ATT, I always showed a lowercase "edge". Everything worked fine, so I figured it was just a slight incompatibility between the way the two companies talked to their Curves.

Does anyone with an unlocked 8320 on ATT show an uppercase "EDGE" when in a good coverage area?

-Eric
    02-13-08 10:24 AM
    Sorry if this has been answered already (I didn't see it), but when I was using an unlocked 8320 on ATT, I always showed a lowercase "edge". Everything worked fine, so I figured it was just a slight incompatibility between the way the two companies talked to their Curves.

Does anyone with an unlocked 8320 on ATT show an uppercase "EDGE" when in a good coverage area?

-Eric
    When you say everything works fine are you talking about data as well?

Because the lowercase edge means that you can just use the phone and SMS texts, no data.....do you have a data plan?

Eric
    02-13-08 12:56 PM
    The Curve is hott right? I love it, you picked the right one, tell the truth your hooked right of course you are or you wouldn't even be here *lol*

"E" The R&B Hip-Hop Rockstar
    02-13-08 01:04 PM
    Soo hooked..the Curve is amazing..

IT really is easy to see why all of you say get the data, get the data...it really is tempting...but unnecessary IMO, but it is an amazing phone and the WiFi is really fast...most mobile sites (iGoogle, yellowpages, weather.com,...etc)...load within 4 seconds..

Eric
    02-13-08 01:10 PM
    Yeah, data was fine. This was TMO 8320 on ATT.

When you say everything works fine are you talking about data as well?

Because the lowercase edge means that you can just use the phone and SMS texts, no data.....do you have a data plan?

Eric
    02-13-08 02:31 PM
    blueapple.mobi is a true mobile video search that allows you to access any video on the web and view it on any video-enabled phone, for free! We have just released our wide-screen version for a much better user experience.

Do let us know what you think of it. Thank you for your support and feedback.
    03-14-08 03:59 PM
    I actually wanted to Tmo curve for the WiFi. GPS to me is useless. I'm good with just BB maps if somehow I would ever need it. (Garmin Nuvi 350 does the job.)
    03-14-08 05:01 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD