I have to admit, I'm pretty tech savvy because I'm a graphic designer and therefore, spend my life on computers (mostly Macs). But I just got my BB 8330 last night and started playing with it this morning, and I have to say that I'm a bit intimidated. IDK why, maybe because it's a completely new/different interface, but intimidated, nonetheless. And believe me, I don't get intimidated easily when it comes to technology.

First of all, my main question is this: can I sync my contact info, phone numbers, calendar, etc. from my HTC Touch phone via Missing Sync for Windows Mobile? I realize that the BB isn't a Windows OS, but wasn't sure how else to transfer all of this data. I have quite a bit so it would be such a time consuming process to enter all of it manually.

As you can see, this is the most important thing.

As far as everything else related to BB, I guess it's like anything else—you just have to play around with it to get used to its interface, etc.

But if anybody has any suggestions or advice, please post here!

Thanks guys and I'm excited to finally be an "official" part of the BB community.

BTW, how do I get crackberry loaded on my BB so I can post from my phone?

Thanks.
    Last edited by onegirlcreative; 02-22-09 at 02:38 PM.
    02-22-09 02:36 PM
    I would review the Blackberry 101 lectures in my signature (Green Link) and at the top of this site some great things in newbies section. Welcome to the addiction
    02-22-09 02:40 PM
    I would review the lectures in my signature and at the top of this site some great things in newbies section. Welcome to the addiction
    Thanks, I appreciate that. I will definitely review that.

Oh, forgot to ask this most embarrassing question, but how on earth do I change my ringer? I hate the default ringer and want to change it, but when I went to options, I didn't see anything ringer-related.

TIA.
    02-22-09 02:41 PM
    You can type in wap.crackberry.com instead of www and then also dl the cb launcher, it will then take you straight to the forum here. Highly recommend that 101 lecture series that lastraid has listed in his sig.
    02-22-09 02:45 PM
    Goto profile/scroll down to advanced options then select edit..

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-22-09 02:48 PM
    Thanks, I appreciate that. I will definitely review that.

Oh, forgot to ask this most embarrassing question, but how on earth do I change my ringer? I hate the default ringer and want to change it, but when I went to options, I didn't see anything ringer-related.

TIA.
    Or, go to Media > Ringtones > All Ring Tones > put cursor on a ringtone, press Menu key > Set As Ringtone
    02-22-09 02:50 PM
    Congrats on the Blackberry. Now what? lol

Man you might as well post pone anything you had booked for the next 6 months lol

You will learn allot from the site and make allot of friends as well. Check the 101 series and also the FAQ section and the 8330 section for anything with your device.

Again welcome to the sickness
    02-22-09 02:52 PM
    Thanks guys for your FAST responses. I appreciate that. I will definitely read those lecture series for newbies such as myself. Looks like it will be very helpful.

And I'll try to change my ringtone, too. Duhh....
    02-22-09 02:55 PM
    I would review the Blackberry 101 lectures in my signature (Green Link) and at the top of this site some great things in newbies section. Welcome to the addiction

Dude the whole 1800BESTBUY thing holy crap I have an answer lol! You rock!
    02-22-09 03:01 PM
    I thought it was changed to m.crackberry.com? Not entirely sure tho, I use the launcher

02-22-09 03:04 PM
    I would look into installing Google Sync for both phones. Get your phones transferred from your HTC Touch to Google. After that all you need to do is install Google Sync into your BlackBerry and run it so that everything gets transferred from Google to your BlackBerry.

02-22-09 03:14 PM
    Goto profile/scroll down to advanced options then select edit..

Awesome. Thanks!
    02-22-09 08:10 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD