Hello fellow Berry feens. This is my second post here and I�m sorry if its long I just have much to say. I�ve been lurking this site for a few months now in preparation for my Bold but couldn�t wait any longer. I had this POS iPhone for a year and finally I decided I was fed up with it. Cut and paste, A2DP, the Apple ringtone BS, THE FREAKING TOUCHSCREEN OMG, just way too many issues to name. So I traded with and associate of mine who had an AT&T Curve that wanted a 1st gen iPhone and now I�m back to business [and yes he has seen the grass is not always greener and wants his Curve back but I�m not giving it up ]. I�m totally happy with the trade the only thing I miss is the browser, but once that Bold drops I�ll have another reason to loathe the iPhone. Now I have had a BB before back in the day when I was with T-Mobile I had the little blue jump off and I loved it. I used to switch back and forth between that and my Nokia 9500. With that said I wouldn�t consider myself a noob but I do have much to learn about the new hotness added since then. So here come some questions. I�m currently running some version of OS 4.2, what are the advantages of upgrading to the new OS and should I even bother since my Curve is just a Bold placeholder? Another question is what do you guys have your convenience keys set to do and why? I have the left rubbery one set for profiles for fast switching and the shiny right one set for keyboard lock so I can tap 1 button and put it in pocket all in one motion. Also I was thinking about getting that little Bluetooth thingy from RIM, I got tons of ideas on how I can use that, would you guys recommend that for playing music over Bluetooth when you don't have some sort of Bluetooth receiver?

I'm sorry if this was put into the wrong forum.

Thanks Guys!!!
    08-12-08 11:26 AM
    All that text made my head hurt, but I feel a welcome to CB is in order.

I wouldn't recommend upgrading unless you are 100% comfourtable in doing so. The 4.5 OS includes an improved browser and media player, HTML email, and Docs to Go support. My official 4.3 OS works just fine for me, so I personally do not plan on upgrading at present.

I have my convenience keys set to VAD (I think I'm the only person alive that uses it) and my camera, as I snap random shots all the time.

I don't really use bluetooth for anything except file transfers, honestly.
    08-12-08 11:29 AM
    Welcome back to the good side
    08-12-08 11:35 AM
    Wait a little while and when you feel comfortable with your curve, you can look at upgrading. There's never a rush. The newer OS's have a video recorder, a slim version of docs to go and a voice recorder. And some other things work better.
    I found I like berrytunes, a free app for streaming music - among other things. I'm a slacker and haven't even played with bluetooth yet, lol.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-12-08 11:38 AM
    Thanks for the warm welcomes, I didnt want to just come in asking a storm of questions and no one knows anything about me, so that was just a little background info (sorry Jenay), I've seen that a few times here.

With the the bluetooth thing I plan to play music off my memory card, I haven't tried to stream music though. Its just I want to have the least amount of wires flying around my car. So I'm hoping the little bluetooth thing with an FM transmitter I already have will hold me down at least till i can get a new radio head with bluetooth and be totally wireless. Thats my goal
    08-12-08 11:48 AM
    Welcome, Dwayne!
    08-12-08 12:07 PM
    well welcome back to the crack!
    08-12-08 12:10 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD