Does anyone know how much free space is on your Curve out of the box? Using Alt+Caps+H, I can see that my total available hd space is approx 55 megs, however, I'm currently down to 7.5 megs and I don't have that many apps....the only things I have is a few short cuts, Facebook, Viigo, Password Keeper, Yahoo GO, Google Maps, GMAIL, Google News and Google Reader but these are all under a meg. I'm just curious what's taking up all my space? I don't have any pictures saved on my bberry.
    03-27-08 07:43 PM
    First of all i would recommed you do a battery pull. Then alt LGLG to clear all log entries, erase all unimportant emails, sms, mms. Post back how much free space you have left, if still very low then I would recommend you follow John Clarks, BB memory optimzation procedure.
    03-27-08 07:52 PM
    k...did all that....i'm just under 8 megs now. Where do i find John Clarks procedures?
    03-27-08 08:03 PM
    These methods are not overly complicated, but backing up your OS ahead of time is recommended.

http://www.blackberryforums.com/gene...ee-memory.html
    03-27-08 08:09 PM
    k...thanks.
    03-27-08 08:10 PM
    Isn't there any way to find out what's taking up space and maybe delete some of it just using the Blackberry? I use our enterprise wireless service; from the time I took it out of the box I have never had to hook my Curve up to anything but a charger, and I neither have nor want the Desktop software. But I can't figure out why I can't take any pictures even though it has 7+MB of free space, or why it has so little free space in the first place (after battery pull, email purge, etc).
    04-08-08 01:20 PM
    Have taken pictures prior to your post with your BB and stored them on the phone instead of on a memory card?
    04-08-08 01:40 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD