Here is my goal: On a daily basis, have 2 or more *.mp4 video files transferred to my BB 8330 (verizon) with the minimum number of steps.

What I do now: on a nightly basis my HTPC records a couple of shows, snips out the commercials, and converts them to BB-friendly MP4 format. In the morning before I leave for work, I plug in the USB, enter mass storage mode, and copy the files to my BB (internal SD card).

This isn't a huge number of steps, but it involves me entering my password twice, plugging in the BB, and copying over the files. I then have to remember to grab my phone before heading out the door.

I've just set up Bluetooth on the HTPC server. It works fine and I can transfer small files like JPGs to my BB with no problem (by "receiving via BT" in the media app).

It would be nice to be able to use BT to transfer these ~ 40MB MP4 files. However, when I try it, I can select the file, but the transfer fails just as it starts. I read that there is some size limit for files, but I can't seem to find it.

Anyone have experience pushing files of this size to the BB via BT? Alternatively, anyone see a better way of accomplishing what I'm trying to do?

thanks
    Matt
    07-23-09 09:45 AM
    You can easily do 40mb, but its VERY slow. You also have to hit "receive using bluetooth" under media on the BlackBerry every time
    07-23-09 09:49 AM
    as far as bluetooth goes to my knowledge there is no file transfer limit. now it might be the phone limiting it but that im not sure of. i searched around and found someone saying it would only let them send 2.8 megs which is weird if you ask me
    07-23-09 09:49 AM
    I have sent over 300mb in one file via Bluetooth. It takes hours, but it works.
    07-23-09 09:52 AM
    Hmmm...weird. Not sure why it chokes when I try to transfer the large files.

I think I only tried it once last night, so I'll try again tonight and see if files of differing sizes work.

It would seem to me that if I can transfer a ~1MB jpg file, then BT is setup correctly on both ends. So if I'm using the same procedure to transfer my 40MB file, it should work too unless there is some limit someplace. And it sounds like it must be the phone if others have had success with large files before.

Any way to trouble shoot this possible size cap on my verizon BB?
    07-23-09 10:27 AM
    you could always call verizon and see what they say
    07-23-09 10:32 AM
    you could always call verizon and see what they say
    Yes, I suppose so. I wonder how long it would take to get to someone who evens knows what "bluetooth" is?
    07-23-09 10:54 AM
    umm ima guess 3 different reps probably
    07-23-09 11:45 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD