For weeks now, I have been contemplating updating my AT& T 8310. I am very afraid of bricking my phone, but I have been reading the forums on how many people have sucessfully updated their OS. I have two questions:

1. Do I upgrade my Desktop Manager to the latest version before or after I have installed the 4.5 OS on my Blackberry?

2. I understand that I must back up my data on the Desktop Manager before I proceed with the 4.5 update in case I lose data, but if I update the latest version of the Desktop Manager, how will I be able to retrieve my backed up data?

I hope that I am making sense. I just want to understand everything that I am doing.
    11-19-08 08:07 PM
    I have been running 4.5 since oct 1 on my att 8310. Started with .81 now I have .99. No issues just follow instructions in the sticky

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-19-08 09:00 PM
    Make sure you have the latest version of desktop manager before you begin the upgrade. Just follow the sticky and you'll be fine.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-19-08 09:26 PM
    So am I suppose to back up my data on the latest version of Desktop Manager?
    11-20-08 07:28 AM
    Yes.

I just did my upgrade this week. As long as you follow the instructions, it works great.
    11-20-08 07:43 AM
    Thank you all for your answers! I will probably do the upgrade this weekend that way I will have no distractions. Wish me luck! Thanks again!
    11-20-08 07:50 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD