I have an 8310 and I have a few issues and problems.

The biggest problem:

When my phone loses service (either going into a parking garage or just out in the boonies, it very frequently will not get it back. I'll see the "searching for network" message, but not the little arrows that indicate it's actually trying to do something. I can do a battery pull and it typically will fix things. I attempted to upgrade the OS from 4.2 to 4.5, and 5 hours later I got my phone working again (after the upgrade, I had the perpetual restart problem). Beyond that, I just really didn't like the look and feel of 4.5. Given that I live in a major city and don't often lose a connection, if upgrading my OS is the only solution, I can live with this- but a trip to the other side of the state made it a bit more frustrating. Does anybody have any experience with this error and any suggestions on solutions?

Also-

My mp3 player just did, and I scored a free microSD chip from a friend, as I am now using my BB as an mp3 player. How much additional drain on the battery does frequent media player use typically add?

Are there any themes that display a "now playing" indication on the home screen, something that would list the track and artist? (or is this even something a theme is able to do)
    01-02-09 10:29 AM
    At this rate sounds like a hardware issue. Can you have the device replaced?
    01-02-09 10:37 AM
    mp3 playing shouldn't significantly draw your battery per se. The biggest impact will probably be head phone volume. I've played my curve through my bluetooth FM transmitter to the car radio for a few hours without affecting battery life.
    01-02-09 10:58 AM
    I've considered returning it, but it's just a question as to how annoying this is vs how annoying waiting for a new phone would be.
    01-02-09 11:55 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD