1. When a new OS for my BB comes out can I get it or do I have to wait for verizon to release it?

2. How can you hack/mod your bb and what does it do?

3. Is it just verizon that locks AIM out or is it the 8330 itself?

4. Is there a multi IM client that uses data instead of texts? (Like instead of every message sent counting as sms it sends it as data) instead of using ebuddy or whatever?

5. Is 4.5 out for the 8330? (to add to the first question)

Thank you

(I'm 21 even though my questions are phrased like that of a youngin.)
    Last edited by ikith; 07-14-08 at 11:43 PM.
    07-14-08 11:41 PM
    1. You can download the latest beta os, but is safer to wait for the official due to bugs.

2. Hack\mod?

3. Aim works fine on this device to the best of my knowledge.

4. Try jivetalk or even bbm.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-14-08 11:45 PM
    ...2. How can you hack/mod your bb and what does it do?...
    Jenay answered everything else perfectly...I'll take a shot at #2: You can extensively mod the software. The first link in my sig shows you how to delete stuff you don't need to free up memory. That's the single most important set of mods you can make. As far as hacking h/w, never heard of it. You can replace a scratched screen, or even a keyboard. People even paint the cases! But there's no internal h/w expandability.

RIM closely guards their system. Security and stability are key selling points for them. Customer innovations are not.
    07-14-08 11:50 PM
    1. You can download the latest beta os, but is safer to wait for the official due to bugs.

2. Hack\mod?

3. Aim works fine on this device to the best of my knowledge.

4. Try jivetalk or even bbm.

Does bbm support aim n such thats what I meant about multi client...
    07-14-08 11:58 PM
    Does bbm support aim n such thats what I meant about multi client...
    No, BlackBerry Messenger is only for direct PIN-to-PIN chatting with other BlackBerry users.

If you search the forums, you will find dozens of threads singing the praises of Jivetalk. Jivetalk covers AIM, Yahoo, Google Talk, MSN Live, etc...and only uses data. Totally worth the cost.

07-15-08 06:27 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD