I am going to be getting a Curve very soon and I have a few newbie questions on what to expecting from synching the Curve and my computer. I use gmail, and outloook 2007 with my gmail account.

Do the contacts and calendar synch? Meaning if I add a new contact or calendar event on the BB, will the contact be automatically be added to outlook the next time I synch and vice versa?

How about email? If i get an email and check it and delete it from the BB, will it delete from outlook as well, or will i be deleting every email from the BB and outlook?

Another question - How does the Curve handle full websites? Meaning, if I want to visit a site that does not have a mobile version (such as my local newspaper) will the page take forever to load?

Thanks.
    10-20-08 07:34 PM
    BB DM (Desktop Manager) will do a 2-way sync between the Curve & Outlook 2007 contacts & calendar

There are 2 ways to get your Gmail. You can use BIS (Blackberry Internet Service) or install Google Mobile Apps. If you use BIS and delete the email on your BB before opening Outlook you wil not get it in Outlook. Google Mobile Apps looks just like Gmail and an email deleted on one will be deleted on the other.

Not all websites can be viewed well on the BB. There is no Flash for BB. So it all depends on what you plan on doing.

Hope this helps a little.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-20-08 07:58 PM
    With Gmail, you can also use Google Sync to sync your calendar OTA to your BB and also from Google Calendar to your Outlook. You have to install Google Sync on your BB and your comp. This is my setup and seems to work well.
    10-20-08 08:08 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD