I've noticed a few things that have started to become rather annoying with my 8310.

I was just calling voicemail, and as I hit the speaker phone button the phone paused. I ended the call and it had clear all of my recent calls and my SMS. It froze one other time for the better part of 10 mins and I did a battery pull and when it rebooted. I expected there to be a negative effect of this...but not with the first example.

Also, will a lack of memory cause it to function slowly ? In the instance of getting a 1GB card for it, will performance be improved ?

Is this something that other people have experienced ?
    02-19-08 08:44 PM
    I must say that I have had my blackberry for almost 2 months now and I haven't had any of these problems. As with a computer, a device with less free memory will work slower. Also, you may have apps constantly running in the background, like IM or Viigo, and this can both slow your device down and drain battery. Change the options on apps so that when you exit them they shut down completely and that should help
    02-19-08 09:48 PM
    It became apparent to me about the speed due to the fact that my friend just recently got the same phone 3 days ago (I've had mine a month now) the same phone, I had one in each hand at dinner and hers was loading the same page in about 1/2 the time from the browser.

The speed isn't and issue so much, but it really drives me nuts when the recent calls keep getting erased.
    02-19-08 11:13 PM
    So, my phone has consistently gotten slower and has erased my text messages and recent calls about 3 times since my last post.

I'm getting AT&T involved, I either want a new phone or a refund at this point.
    04-09-08 10:58 PM
    Seems all of you are running out of memory. When that happens the BB automatically erases emails and messages. Also its a good habit to close the apps by hitting the menu button and clicking on close rather than hitting the back button. Try pressing left ALT and pressing the back button. This will show you what apps are open, at any given times should be only five apps opened. Message, BB messenger, browser, call log and home screen.
    04-09-08 11:05 PM
    04-09-08 11:07 PM
    I have no media at all on the phone(no music pics or vids). I installed Google Maps and that is it....the memory shouldn't an issue.
    04-10-08 12:40 AM
    When I first got my berry I lost all my messages way before I downloaded anything or even did much. Leaking memory like crazy. I ended up reloading the os and haven't had a problem since. Might not hurt to try that. If it's not memory it may be a glitch

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-10-08 12:46 AM
    Have you tried taking the batter out with the phone on for about 30 seconds then putting it back in?

04-10-08 12:47 AM
    I had the same problem a month ago and had already taken those precautions...still happened. ATT replaced my berry no questions asked, did a restore and it hasn't happened since
    04-10-08 01:01 AM
    Everyone winds up here for the same reason. We come to find out about the memory leak and we stay for the witty conversation.
    (I think sumthinnew learned sumthin new from sunkast)

04-10-08 02:55 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD