A few newbie questions here....

1) I currently have a list of contacts in Gmail and I also have the contact list on my phone. If I set up Google sync to sync my contacts will it add the Google contacts to the same "address book" on my BB with all my phone contacts? Second part to that question; what if I have a Mike Jones contact on my phone, with his phone number, and Mike Jones in my Google contacts with his email address and street address, etc. Will it merge the two or will I end up with duplicates? Is there an easier way to import/merge all of this stuff?

2) I've had my 8330 for less than a month now and have had to re-send service books for email issues 3 times, twice in the last week alone. Is that normal? How often should I have to expect to do that? Is there a way to do that from the BB instead of a PC? The only way I knew it wasn't working is b/c I had emails I could see on the PC that I couldn't see on the BB but obviously, if I was not near a PC I may not have known there was any trouble.

3) Also, on my old LG phone I was able to take a photo with the camera and "text" it to people. Now, if I take a photo with the Curve and try to send it, it doesn't download for them. I tried changing the photo properties to take a smaller file photo but that didn't seem to help. Ideas?
    Last edited by Gink; 06-08-09 at 02:30 PM. Reason: to add...
    06-08-09 02:28 PM
    1) I do believe Google Sync will sync your Gmail contacts to your native address book on your BB.

2) What carrier are you with? You should be able to resend your service books from the Email Setup icon on your BB.
    No, you shouldn't have to resend your service books that often.

3) So the recipient receives the message but is unable to view the picture?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-08-09 04:01 PM
    I have that trouble with video sometimes but not pic with verizon.

06-08-09 04:13 PM
    Another question I just thought of....

4) what is the easiest way to use the calendar function? In other words, I'd like a calender I can type stuff in on my PC and have it sync to my BB. I do NOT use Outlook and don't have access to Outlook so is there anything that will accomplish this? Will my hotmail/msn/live calendar sync?
    06-08-09 04:18 PM
    4. Gmail does this if you use Google Sync.
    06-08-09 04:20 PM
    1) I do believe Google Sync will sync your Gmail contacts to your native address book on your BB.

2) What carrier are you with? You should be able to resend your service books from the Email Setup icon on your BB.
    No, you shouldn't have to resend your service books that often.

3) So the recipient receives the message but is unable to view the picture?

I am with Verizon, I will try using the email setup icon next time. Thanks! If that's too often to be worrying about it, what could the problem be, the OS? I'm currently using 4.5.0.77. It was suggested once to upgrade but I'm not sure 1) if that's good advice for the issues I'm having and #2) what version would I upgrade to? Will I cause additional headaches by upgrading?

Yes, the recipient can no longer "download" the photo that is sent. I don't exactly know what that means because it's coming from my mother who is NOT technically savvy. All I know is that she used to get the photos I sent from an LG Chocolate 3 phone but she is getting download problems from photos taken/sent from the Curve.
    06-08-09 04:23 PM
    So do you just stop receiving emails or something? It could just be an outage on VZWs end there are changes going on with the Alltel merge.

As for upgrading your OS the latest from VZW is .77. If you do decide to upgrade your best choice is going to be .131 from Sprint.

http://forums.crackberry.com/f52/new...nguage-152163/

She shouldn't have to download the picture. She should be able to open the message and the picture should be right there.

Do you live near her? Maybe the problem is on her end.

Have you tried sending a picture to yourself?

06-08-09 05:31 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD